Hyatt Bartender Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Bartender Interview Questions

Interviews at Hyatt

1.5

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by three different managers. I got my acceptance letter shortly after the interview (three days). My background and drug test results took almost two weeks to come in. The management was very friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest was too intoxicated and how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Employee in Branchburg, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Branchburg, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick, friendly, straight forward. Told me about the bar area , what to expect, what they're looking for, and about myself and my work experience. I would say half the questioning of it was personality based and half experience based.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is light and friendly, low pressure, and people oriented. The Hiring manager was efficient, and informed abut the position, and the qualifications he was looking for, he mentioned that a big hurdle was the drug screen and he was genuinely happy to give me a tour of the facility while we interviewed.

Interview Questions

• why would you be a good fit for our team   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Crystal City, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy and fast. Background check done in a couple of days. They communicated things well and it went very smoothly. The interviews happen 1 week apart and then the background check was done in a few days.

Interview Questions

• how do I treat people that I dont know   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaver Creek, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Beaver Creek, CO) in October 2009.

Interview

had first inerview over the phone. Had to fly out for my second interview but was assured I had the job and I did!

Negotiation

I WILL BE THERE ASAP!!

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt in June 2014.

Interview

Will meet with HR first, then Restaurant Manager, and them F&B director. Just show you have experience in the field, that you care about making guests happy, and also make sure to smile alot.

Interview Questions

• Easy interviews with everyone. Make sure to know sure brands of wines, spirits, liquors, and beers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation available. There starting rate for a bartender is $10/hour.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online received a call with in a week. I was currently out of town and she scheduled the interview the next day at 9AM. Luckily it was only a 4 hour trip back. I only made the drive back and decided to go to the interview because, when I asked the HR lady if she can reschedule, she said, "I could but we are trying to get people hired by next week", instant green flag. I Arrived at Best Buy at 8:30AM on the dot and went up to the door and rang the bell (the store was not open yet) a supervisor let me in. I also was greeted by a very tall dude but didn't notice his significance until later. 45 minutes passed and that tall dude called be back into a room and apologized for the lateness. The tall dude turned out to be the manager. Another green flag went up. When I entered the room I saw the supervisor as well and they both proceeded to do a panel interview. I instantly got nervous when he said tell me about yourself, I kind of mumbled on my first words. Anyway I got it together and the interview went smoothly. After some time flew by we talked about scenarios and some stories, in which after, they asked me if I can step out of the room for a bit and they will call me back. Even more nervous I patiently waited near the room looking at appliances nearby. They called me back in and offered me the position with generous pay because of my experience. Overall experience = good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bastrop, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bastrop, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application online. Attended a job fair. After a short wait, a very nice manager came and talked with me. Still waiting for the result. I was encouraged to apply for related jobs.