Hyatt Event Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Event Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Hyatt

3.4

Event Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Met with the Director of events and 2 associate directors, of catering and special events. Felt a great connection with all of them and learned more about the role and company. Was told they still had over interviews to conduct but that I would hear back from them within a week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for an Event Sales Manager Position with Hyatt at McCormick Place in Chicago. After passing the assessment I received an email from the Director of the department. She addressed me as a he, once I got to the interview this lady acted as if she had never seen the resume that she emailed me about requesting an interview. She felt that my experience did not match the needs for Hyatt. WELL WHY DID YOU CONTACT ME IN THE FIRST PLACE. This can only lead me to believe she did not like that I'm a black female.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience?   1 Answer

Event Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Interview was with the director of event and lasted about an hour. Very conversational and relaxed, but looking back on it I wish she had been more specific about her expectations. I was hired to sell event space but never got to see the spaces during the interview. That may have changed my mind about the job.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

During the interview process I spoke with the Director of Events and multiple Event Managers and Event Sales managers. I was given a tour of the space and had the opportunity to see 1 or 2 events being set up and executed by the banquets team. I was also able to see rooms beeing set by the set up team.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know a time I had a difficult potential client who hadn't yet signed the contract and how I was able to turn the client around and land the piece of business.   Answer Question

Event Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt in August 2014.

Interview

Basic interview process - asking about experiences, personality traits, what makes you a good fit for this job. It was a one on one interview with my potential direct boss and the General Manager of the Hotel. There was also a personality test online along with open ended and multiple choice questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest client situation you've ever had to deal with?   1 Answer

Sales Event Manager Interview

Interview

My experiences were exactly as someone posted. I applied online for this position. No response or feedback that the resume was actually received and then three weeks later, I received a letter thanking me for taking time to talk to them, but the position was filled. I never spoke with any individual from the organization. ! This is absolutely disgusting behavior from a leading brand. I will not stay at a HYATT nor apply for a position at this chain again. If this is the way they treat potential candidates, then imagine how they treat their employees.