Hyatt Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Hyatt

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I had to interview with the Front Desk manager, Rooms Director, HR, and I had to meet with the GM. Kind of intimidating but worth it. I initially tried to get into a Supervisor position, however that didn't go well straight out of college. A recruiter informed me of the open position for entry level FO and I filled out an application and submitted my resume online. I heard back about two days later. I scheduled the interview and met with managers.

Interview Questions

• idk, I always hate the standard why should we pick you questions. FO manager's questions were pointed and situational. Directors questions were vague and abstract. GM was just gauging my motivation and character.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as it was an entry level position and I was straight out of an undergraduate. The pay wasn't horrendous though.

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

The hiring processes was easy and enjoyable. Laid back.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It al took two days roughly I went in for the interview met with two people they liked me and I took a drug test that day. The manager was very nice and friendly guy. The people at the hotel who trained me were also very nice.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

Very thorough, met with a variety of people very professional- the HR manager was very kind and everyone went over all of the hiring and internal details very thoroughly, everyone knew their steps and the hiring process was very seamless

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unruly or rude guest when you are in the midst of handling a full occupancy check in night?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Denver, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

regurlar interview nothing major ... basic question tell me about you and so on
    i have 3 interviews that day ... the manager, the room division head and the general manager

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Best way to get hired on the spot is to go through HR or at a job Fair, do fill out a job application online but go in and personally give them your information. They will make you meet 3 people to be interviewed with before you get accepted and go through orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I got an email from HR saying I had an interview on a certain day and I need to get there during a few hour time window. First interview was with HR, passed that round so I went upstairs and interviewed with two different front desk managers. Then the last interview was with the general manager. I was working a part time job at the time so my schedule was a little difficult so they let me do all three interviews in one day. Everyone I interviewed with was very nice and professional. They called me a couple days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what customer service experience you had and how you deal with difficult situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any really.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

Unorganized interview. Interviewer was late. She asked no good interview questions. Her mind was somewhere else. She made the interview feel very awkward. I took control of interview by telling her about myself and prior experience. I asked her questions about yhe company, and the workflow. 20 minutes later, she hired me on the spot and asked for my Id, and Ss card. She directed me to a drug screening facility. I would say it was a very easy interview.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Easy interview, mainly on customer service skills and the company itself. They also give you a good description of the position and ask you to answer questions on various situations you could be put in and how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

the interview process was very easy and quick. it did not last more than twenty minutes. They offered me the job 4 hours after my interview. they asked what my future goals are, strengths and weakness, and asked what i would do in different scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was not able to negotiate