Hyatt Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Dec 26, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, a couple of days later got a call to come in for a face to face interview. Didn't have to take a test or do a phone interview. Arrived on time, was greeted by a manager I'm guessing. Interview was simple. I was told a little about the company and what they are looking for. This location was not under a union so he went over different hours you may work and the benefits. I'm guessing because it's SF and it's Fisherman's Wharf that's why the pay is $21.50/hr. Where other cities/locations may just be $12hr. Interview lasted 30mins, I felt it went good but you never know what these managers on looking for. He said he still had interviews for the next day which usually means you didn't get the job. He said I would get a phone call or email either way it went. And from looking on here since I didn't get a 2nd interview or hired on the spot I'm kinda guessing I didn't get the job :( lol

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a customer you weren't able to help?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It was pretty short. I just talked to the hiring manager for a little bit. Mainly consisted of a casual conversation. There were a few general questions. But other than that it seemed like they were short staffed so they were just trying to fill the position. He asked how long I was planning on working here if hired as well. First I spoke with the hiring manager and then I spoke with HR. They both pretty much asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Applied online. Director of Guest Services reached out to me the very next day to schedule an interview for the following week. He interviewed me and then sent me to his GM's for another interview directly after. Got a call back about a week later with an offer and set up a date to come in for paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Minn City, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Minn City, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview 2 weeks spoke with ops, front desk manager and assistant manger. Then Hr coordinator. Did some skype. Every was nice over the phone, all asked the same questions. Why Hyatt?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you want to work in hospitality.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, attended job fair,interviewed in person, offered online interview. Originally applied for one front office job, then another at a location in the city. I am currently being considered for two positions, the processes differe slightly.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle busy and stressful times, S they often occur at the same time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

applied online, was called within two days for an interview with HR. i arrived on time. turned out they were doing multiple interviews at a time not just for my position but others as well. instead of interviewing with HR, i was directly introduced to the front desk manager who asked me basic questions about my past work experience and customer service skills. we talked for about 20 minutes and then i was told to hang tight until the assistant director of rooms could arrive to talk to me. we chatted briefly about why i wanted to work for the company and then finished by talking about when i would be able to start if offered the job. i was also informed that i was the first of 8 interviews for the position i applied for. i am currently waiting for a response on whether i will get the job or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bellevue, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter of the company asked me a few questions on the phone and later sent me an interview to do online. Later I received an invitation to have a personal interview at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and stopped by on my own to speak with someone about the position. The staff was friendly and accommodating, walking me to human resources. I spoke with a young woman for about 10 minutes and then she said they would contact me early the following week for an official interview. I never heard from them again. Don't lead me on. If you are not interested, then say you will 'contact me the following week if you feel I could be a good ft for your team' rather than giving a firm statement and then not following through.

Interview Questions

• The human resources employee pulled up my application and asked a few questions from my resume about my work history. She also provided some information about the position and benefits.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through the company website and was contacted later that same evening by HR. The following day I returned the call for a 15 minute phone interview which was very easy and pleasant. Towards the end of our conversation, the HR manager said he'd like to pass my resume onto upper management and promptly received an email which included standard verification questions.

Two days later I received a call from the Front Office Manager who invited me for an in person interview. I told her I could meet later that afternoon. I arrived 15 minutes prior to when the interview was scheduled and was greeted by two front desk agents. After waiting <5 minutes in the hotel lobby, the FOM came out and introduced herself and walked me to a private meeting room.

The actual interview didn't feel like an interview at all! While she did ask me some work related questions, she was more interested in my personality and if I'd be someone who would fit in with the team/company culture. It was very relaxed, pleasant, and could tell she was more concerned with making an authentic connection, which I appreciated.

After speaking with her for about a half hour or so, she invited me to interview with a GM who would be in the office earlier the next week. I, of course, agreed and expected to be contacted in a few days. Four days after my interview with the FOM, HR called and ended up extending me an offer. I accepted and reported to work for my first day within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped someone outside of a work environment.   Answer Question
    • Describe a typical day at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Wage was discussed and understood in the first phone interview with HR.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Very easy. Applied to the position, received a phone call from manager. Had two interviews the same day with manager and assistant manager. I was told I was hired about 5 days after I had the interview and then I went in to fill some paperwork and take a in-office drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good for this position? What makes you stand out?   Answer Question