Hyatt Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.1

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

1 interview with HR, then another interview with GM. Great people, make me feel comfortable and welcomed throughout the process. They want to see if you have the right spirit & passion for hospitality

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very easy flowing, allowed for me to describe my previous job experience. There was first a brief phone interview, and an in-person interview where you talk to two managers.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide on working in the Hospitality industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I once interviewed with a Hyatt Regency and nearly got the job but got turned down solely on my availability at the time. The HR coordinator explicitly called me and left a voicemail to reach out to her for future opportunities and she's interested in me but stopped working at Hyatt soon later and I saw all my future job applications to the hotel automatically shut down. No call backs when I was far beyond required skills. I think their job app. program automatically blocked me based off one turn-down from a job. Eventually I went to a Hyatt job fair for a new hotel they opened in my hometown and got a job offer a few weeks after.

Interview Questions

• How did you previously deal with stress and employee disagreements in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any foreign language skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Hyatt Regency in Milwaukee. The interview was very laid back and the questions were not all that difficult. If you prepare, you should be good. The interview was done in stages. I first met with the office manager. She passed me on to someone else who then passed me off to HR who then decided that I should meet the general manager. I did a lot of sitting and waiting and all together I was there for about two hours. I had thought that the interview was going great. The general manager told me that if you get to him, the decision is basically almost made. I was told that they pride themselves on making decisions fast and I would hear regardless. This was 8 days ago. I never heard anything since.
    I was very excited about the job but was unfortunately planning on declining due to the nonnegotiable hourly pay ($10.25/hr). But I'm still disappointed that they did not follow through and just left me hanging.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a call to schedule an in person interview. Interviewed with rooms manager and office manager. Applied for front desk agent but was asked if I wanted to be the overnight auditor.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply at Hyatt?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about when you provided your best customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to work the overnight shift?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, a couple of days later got a call to come in for a face to face interview. Didn't have to take a test or do a phone interview. Arrived on time, was greeted by a manager I'm guessing. Interview was simple. I was told a little about the company and what they are looking for. This location was not under a union so he went over different hours you may work and the benefits. I'm guessing because it's SF and it's Fisherman's Wharf that's why the pay is $21.50/hr. Where other cities/locations may just be $12hr. Interview lasted 30mins, I felt it went good but you never know what these managers on looking for. He said he still had interviews for the next day which usually means you didn't get the job. He said I would get a phone call or email either way it went. And from looking on here since I didn't get a 2nd interview or hired on the spot I'm kinda guessing I didn't get the job :( lol

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a customer you weren't able to help?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It was pretty short. I just talked to the hiring manager for a little bit. Mainly consisted of a casual conversation. There were a few general questions. But other than that it seemed like they were short staffed so they were just trying to fill the position. He asked how long I was planning on working here if hired as well. First I spoke with the hiring manager and then I spoke with HR. They both pretty much asked the same questions.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Applied online. Director of Guest Services reached out to me the very next day to schedule an interview for the following week. He interviewed me and then sent me to his GM's for another interview directly after. Got a call back about a week later with an offer and set up a date to come in for paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Minn City, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Minn City, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview 2 weeks spoke with ops, front desk manager and assistant manger. Then Hr coordinator. Did some skype. Every was nice over the phone, all asked the same questions. Why Hyatt?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you want to work in hospitality.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, attended job fair,interviewed in person, offered online interview. Originally applied for one front office job, then another at a location in the city. I am currently being considered for two positions, the processes differe slightly.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle busy and stressful times, S they often occur at the same time?   Answer Question