Hyatt Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Hyatt

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very easy flowing, allowed for me to describe my previous job experience. There was first a brief phone interview, and an in-person interview where you talk to two managers.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide on working in the Hospitality industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I once interviewed with a Hyatt Regency and nearly got the job but got turned down solely on my availability at the time. The HR coordinator explicitly called me and left a voicemail to reach out to her for future opportunities and she's interested in me but stopped working at Hyatt soon later and I saw all my future job applications to the hotel automatically shut down. No call backs when I was far beyond required skills. I think their job app. program automatically blocked me based off one turn-down from a job. Eventually I went to a Hyatt job fair for a new hotel they opened in my hometown and got a job offer a few weeks after.

Interview Questions

• How did you previously deal with stress and employee disagreements in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any foreign language skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Hyatt Regency in Milwaukee. The interview was very laid back and the questions were not all that difficult. If you prepare, you should be good. The interview was done in stages. I first met with the office manager. She passed me on to someone else who then passed me off to HR who then decided that I should meet the general manager. I did a lot of sitting and waiting and all together I was there for about two hours. I had thought that the interview was going great. The general manager told me that if you get to him, the decision is basically almost made. I was told that they pride themselves on making decisions fast and I would hear regardless. This was 8 days ago. I never heard anything since.
    I was very excited about the job but was unfortunately planning on declining due to the nonnegotiable hourly pay ($10.25/hr). But I'm still disappointed that they did not follow through and just left me hanging.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat down with manager for a short discussion. Was asked questions about past jobs and how they could apply to this job. Had to dress professional, schedule appointment over phone then come into hotel a week after. Did not take long to hear back from them after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience in the past would help with the tasks required for this job?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a call to schedule an in person interview. Interviewed with rooms manager and office manager. Applied for front desk agent but was asked if I wanted to be the overnight auditor.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply at Hyatt?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about when you provided your best customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to work the overnight shift?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Hyatt's interviews are structured very differently than most hotels or companies. They don't always follow the STAR interview (situation, task, action, result). It's mainly structured in a conversation form; it's like playing the dating game. They want to get to know you and want to find out whether or not you are a fit for the company.
    They'll still ask you questions regarding your experience, ability, the typical "what would you do in this situation", or "why do you think you would make a good addition to this team?"

I received a phone call asking me when I would be available to meet for an interview within the same week as I applied online. I interviewed the following week, heard back within a couple days to come in to meet with the Director of Rooms. I received a phone call from HR saying I was offered the position within a week an a half. The whole interview process took a little less than a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about yourself? What are some of your hobbies and interests?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Simple and quick. I interviewed and was hired the same day. It took a week for the background check to come back then I started working soon after. Everything was pretty simple to odo.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bellevue, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Cotacted by HR by phone first, asked a few questions on the phone, after that appointed the job interview with Front Office Manager, then Director of Room Division, then GM of the Hotel. after the

Interview Questions

• How's your past working experience add value to this current role   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It was pretty short. I just talked to the hiring manager for a little bit. Mainly consisted of a casual conversation. There were a few general questions. But other than that it seemed like they were short staffed so they were just trying to fill the position. He asked how long I was planning on working here if hired as well. First I spoke with the hiring manager and then I spoke with HR. They both pretty much asked the same questions.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

3-4 level interview from HR, Managers, Directors, and finally GM. If HR likes you, they will give you tips on how to succeed before the higher-level management. The whole process is about 3-4 hours long depending on the availability of management. HR asks questions related to work ethics, GM asks questions which are more general and brand related.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply at the Hyatt? What are the different Hyatt Brands?   Answer Question