Hyatt Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Hyatt

2.2

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy because I was able to apply internally, so I got the job pretty fast. Standard questions asked "describe a time when..." There was a online application, phone interview, and in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you showed outstanding customer service skills   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Pleasant Hill, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The managers mainly go over previous customer service experience because handling guests well is the most important task. Then, they go over the hospitality industry. There are different divisions with specific opportunities for growth, but the name of the game is people. Hospitality is all people. No other special skills help if you cannot please guests and if you are difficult to work with.

Interview Questions

• "Why hospitality?"   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Very easy. Applied to the position, received a phone call from manager. Had two interviews the same day with manager and assistant manager. I was told I was hired about 5 days after I had the interview and then I went in to fill some paperwork and take a in-office drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good for this position? What makes you stand out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Called by an HR Manager to set up in person interview. Go in and get screened by HR Manager. If you pass, you will meet the department managers. If they like you, you will meet with the Executive Level Manager.They will most likely offer you on the spot or call you within 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First, it was the phone screening with HR. secondly, set the date for to meet with HR with one on one interview. Lastly, met with assistant GM. it was all behaverioal questions, such as what would you do if a guest is in your face yelling?

Interview Questions

• describe a time and when you went above and beyond for the guest?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Overall, it was okay. The interviewer was very professional. Some would say overly so. She was little cold and that made me extremely nervous. That is an individual thing, though, not Hyatt specific. By the end of the interview, they told me they wanted me to meet with the GM and would call me "by the end of next week". I never got a call and I had a feeling they were lying straight to my face while it was happening. I just don't understand why they would give me a specific time table, with a specific person just to lie and never call back? I e-mailed the interviewer a few days later and asked about the meeting and I got no reply. It has been 20 days since the interview. It is bothersome that employers will treat people looking for jobs this way. It's one thing to ghost an applicant and never reply back in general, but another to lie about setting up a meeting with a specific person. I anticipated this meeting that , I believe, they knew never was going to occur. Very brutal! Have a heart!

Interview Questions

• Why hospitality? Scenarios about people yelling at you because of overbooked rooms aka "what would you do"? Why would you be right for this role? Etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews HR, Assistant GM,and GM, the interviewers were very warm welcoming. it was great knowing that the managers at this facility actually think of what they hire and have even the GM talk to the applicant. The GM was respectful enough to treat me to lunch and by the end of the up coming week i had begun my new job.

Interview Questions

• Telling me a time you had to take control and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

keep calm and be confident in yourself, you will always end up receiving what you deserve

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt in December 2015.

Interview

Pretty laid back. First human resources calls and interviews you. Then you meet with supervisor, if he or she thinks you are a candidate, then you will meet with the director. After that it took about 5 days to offer me the job. Then they do a background check to check your past employers. So that takes about two or days. After that they schedule you for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and stopped by on my own to speak with someone about the position. The staff was friendly and accommodating, walking me to human resources. I spoke with a young woman for about 10 minutes and then she said they would contact me early the following week for an official interview. I never heard from them again. Don't lead me on. If you are not interested, then say you will 'contact me the following week if you feel I could be a good ft for your team' rather than giving a firm statement and then not following through.

Interview Questions

• The human resources employee pulled up my application and asked a few questions from my resume about my work history. She also provided some information about the position and benefits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Applied online. Director of Guest Services reached out to me the very next day to schedule an interview for the following week. He interviewed me and then sent me to his GM's for another interview directly after. Got a call back about a week later with an offer and set up a date to come in for paperwork.