Hyatt Gallery Host Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.4

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an interesting interview. The first person I met with was so nice to me. They asked me about my education history and why I wanted to work there. He also asked me if I had a license to drive only because occasional drive guest in the transport van. The second lady met with was so sweet, she showed me the uniform and told me if I got the job she would be my direct manager. The final one I met with was the GM, he was very hyper active but nice about it. They asked me how much I could way and if I had issues working overnight and if I had issues driving guests around, it lasted about an hour and half

Interview Questions

• How much I could lift, how much I was making now, If I could drive, if I new how to make general cocktails, and if I could do an overnight once a week   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Brief questions about why I wanted the job and to know it's not just a front desk job and that it'd be something new to try and if I wanted to give it a shot.
    Took a while to start because of the tests needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Delray Beach, FL).

Interview

About an hour after submitting my application I recieved a phone call scheduling me for an interview at a job fair the following week. I was extremely excited and probably the most notable, prepared, qualified, and highly motivated individual there. Given my background in customer experience I was sure to be a great fit. However, after buying the perfect attire and portfolio, days of prepping & research, and arriving 15mins early to my appointment (Shame on me for being super excited about a position & company I had high interest in.) , my interview only lasted 10 mins, HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

I've never been to an interview where the interviewer spent most of the time asking me do I have questions for her. She was extremely undertrained and didnt know what she was doing because from the very moment the interview began she asked me if I had any questions for her and she couldnt answer any of them and the other guy present who was suppose to be "learning" under her had to save the interview. Ultimately, she was intimidated by me and from the moment I sat down she had 0 intentions on hiring me given she only asked me 2 interview questions, I did most of the asking which is totally backwards. But best of luck to anyone who gets a job here and to the people that don't, keep trying, because someone will appreciate you & I landed an opportunity with another hotel just days later (a day after my hyatt interview, I got an interview elsewhere and was offered a job on the spot) so never be discouraged (:

Gallery Host Interview

Interview

I received a call back after about a week to come in for a 1-on-1 interview. I was asked various guest interactions that I have experienced. Also, I was asked about my understanding of Hyatt Place brand. I first interviewed with the AGM. Then on the same day, I met with the GM. I was asked similar questions by the both of them.

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

The hiring manager will conduct your interview in the front lobby in front of other employees and guests. They will ask you a few basic customer service based scenarios to see how you would respond to realistic scenarios. Then they will talk about themselves and their view of the company then not ask if you have any questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were the only gallery host and there was a long line of people wanting coffee/food and to check-in and a few guests were getting agitated?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Arlington, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Short, asked about my work history, skills, and explained the job. They also gave me a brief tour of the hotel and described what my day to day workday would be like. Explained company policies.

Interview Questions

• How does you background provide you with the necessary skills to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Lone Tree, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Real nice employees and managers. Comfortable, relaxed interview. We met in the Gallery area and I was interviewed by the Asst Manager and the General Manager. Both were really nice and made me feel comfortable. We also had some good laughs. Fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any objections to working weekends, holidays and different shifts?   1 Answer

Gallery Host Interview

Interview

This interview was pretty easy. They basically went over went over the position details and expectations. The gallery host has to do a lot. The pay is low which was a turn off, especially for all the work they described. Got offered the position but don't know ill take it. Very nice hotel with nice staff.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What makes you stand out from over applicants? And scenario questions.   Answer Question
    • Wanted to get a feel to see if you were customer service oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable. $10 an hour.

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt in February 2015.

Interview

Responded to an online job ad for a position at Hyatt Place and I was contacted via email to schedule an interview.

The interview was held in the lobby. I was asked the basic interview questions and then explained the everyday duties of the position I applied for. After that, the interview was over and I was told that I will be contacted for a second interview by the general manager if I am still considered for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Very easy interview process...phone with GM. Face to face with food and bev supervisor. Was offered the job after 24 hrs..background ck took about 2 days. Started as soon as he background ck and have been offered more hours already.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none