Hyatt Interview Questions in Huntington Beach, CA | Glassdoor

Hyatt Interview Questions in Huntington Beach, CA

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

applied online, was called within two days for an interview with HR. i arrived on time. turned out they were doing multiple interviews at a time not just for my position but others as well. instead of interviewing with HR, i was directly introduced to the front desk manager who asked me basic questions about my past work experience and customer service skills. we talked for about 20 minutes and then i was told to hang tight until the assistant director of rooms could arrive to talk to me. we chatted briefly about why i wanted to work for the company and then finished by talking about when i would be able to start if offered the job. i was also informed that i was the first of 8 interviews for the position i applied for. i am currently waiting for a response on whether i will get the job or not.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

walked into this place and the person who was going to interview me was with another person. They took 30 minutes to see me and had me fill out a large packet of papers for the job. After about 30 minutes I finished and waited another 15 minutes to see the same person. We sat down and talked about my qualifications.

Female Public Areas Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first, then 2 of the department managers, and then to one of the hotel executives. It was like a rotation. You mostly do all the talking. They don't ask too many questions. Definitely not challenging.

Security Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

Started with an open, cattle call style interview. In the process I met with the dept head and HR rep in seperate interviews. After passing that round, there was an interview with the director

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Hyatt's interviews are structured very differently than most hotels or companies. They don't always follow the STAR interview (situation, task, action, result). It's mainly structured in a conversation form; it's like playing the dating game. They want to get to know you and want to find out whether or not you are a fit for the company.
    They'll still ask you questions regarding your experience, ability, the typical "what would you do in this situation", or "why do you think you would make a good addition to this team?"

I received a phone call asking me when I would be available to meet for an interview within the same week as I applied online. I interviewed the following week, heard back within a couple days to come in to meet with the Director of Rooms. I received a phone call from HR saying I was offered the position within a week an a half. The whole interview process took a little less than a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about yourself? What are some of your hobbies and interests?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied online. The interview process was fun and informative. You are taken through several interviews with different levels of managers to see if you meet the Hyatt standards. Great company to work for with lots of perks.

Recreation Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website, and they contacted me a few weeks after. I had one interview, where I met with 3 levels of supervision in order to see if I was best fit for the job. I ended up getting hired on the spot. The questions were fairly average; they just wanted to see who people actually were. It was a low-stress interview.

Regency Club Attendant Interview

Application

Interview

The interview had standard questions and took quite a long time. There wasn't anything difficult to answer, just quite a few people to go through.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I first got the call for am invitation for an interview. I arrived early, filled out a background consent form and was lead to a ballroom where other interviews were taking place. I first met with an HR representative who asked general questions. He passed me on to interview with the Front Office Managers. It was two gentlemen. They explained more in depth what the position entailed and their expectations of the person chose for the position. Interviewing with these two was the most relaxed interview I've ever had. They were comfortable, warm, hospitable and was like having a conversation with my friends. They passed me along to the Executive of rooms which was my last interview. I was initially intimidated and a little nervous because I knew this was it. He basically gave me scenarios as to the types of situations I would be deal with and wanted to know how I would handle them. When we were done, he told me an HR representative will show me out. She came over and said that they all loved me and that they would like to offer a Position pending my background. Background took less than a week. All references and former employers were called. I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Called by an HR Manager to set up in person interview. Go in and get screened by HR Manager. If you pass, you will meet the department managers. If they like you, you will meet with the Executive Level Manager.They will most likely offer you on the spot or call you within 3 days.