Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.7

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

L&D Specialist Interview

Interview

Completed a phone screen. Was told there would be next steps and followup. Never heard back.

Interviewed by a would-be peer instead of a recruiter or supervisor. Experience felt unprofessional.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Blacksburg, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Owner of the property interviewed me because he has a background in marketing. Two GMs were supposed to attend but didn't. There were few behavioral-type questions, more practical questions/discussion such as "tell me about your qualifications."

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do starting out in this position.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Hyatt Regency in Milwaukee. The interview was very laid back and the questions were not all that difficult. If you prepare, you should be good. The interview was done in stages. I first met with the office manager. She passed me on to someone else who then passed me off to HR who then decided that I should meet the general manager. I did a lot of sitting and waiting and all together I was there for about two hours. I had thought that the interview was going great. The general manager told me that if you get to him, the decision is basically almost made. I was told that they pride themselves on making decisions fast and I would hear regardless. This was 8 days ago. I never heard anything since.
    I was very excited about the job but was unfortunately planning on declining due to the nonnegotiable hourly pay ($10.25/hr). But I'm still disappointed that they did not follow through and just left me hanging.

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

The first interview was quick going over past experiences. The second video interview was quickly setup. I found it very odd that interviewers didn't want to turn on their side of the video. Few of the questions I found were far less relevant to the job. Seemingly, the interviewers were either new to the company or new to the technologies for which they were hiring.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a call to schedule an in person interview. Interviewed with rooms manager and office manager. Applied for front desk agent but was asked if I wanted to be the overnight auditor.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply at Hyatt?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about when you provided your best customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to work the overnight shift?   Answer Question

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Boulder, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and called a few days later to ask to schedule an interview with the Assistant General Manager. I went in to interview in person about a week and a half later.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Phone interview then Skype interview. Then completely met with silence. Reached out to two different HR personnel who never got back to me. This seems to be common from reading other reviews. I find this very unprofessional.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Never got a call back or an email to see if I got the job or not. Emailed and called back but never got a response so I just assumed I didnt get the job.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY).

Interview

It was for OCR, so they set up open interviews. We submitted our resumes before we wanted an interview, and an interviewer took 2-3 min to look over the resumes before inviting you into the interview area. It was a standard interview after which they asked you to apply to their online system to start a file.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and tell me how you responded   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

They do multiple interviews for any given position. For Night Auditor, they want you to do interviews with four different people. The first person is just an HR person, and that's over the phone. The second is the Front Desk Assistant Manager, and that is in person. I was told that I would be contacted about the next interview within a week or so, and received a denial email later that day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with hotel key card writers (RFID)?   Answer Question