Hyatt Front Office Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Fairly casual and conversational interview. It was more to get to know you. Less formal and more dialogue. There is a panel interview after the first interview. Panel interview is more management informing you about the company than you being interviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Buffalo, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was your basic interview but was done non-professionally. I was interviewed by one of the managers and knew I wouldn't enjoy the workplace sadly. It was rude and rushed as if it was a inconvenience and waste of the person's time. I felt a racial component but can't prove that of course.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied online and the next day was contacted by HR and screened over the phone. I was then invited to participate in open interviews the next day. When I arrived for the interview I waited in a room full of other candidates until my name was called. The interview itself was about 30 minutes and was with the Front Office Manger. The interview consisted of a mix of situational questions and typical interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Cambridge, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a week they contacted me to schedule an interview for the next day. I arrived 10 minutes prior the settled time at the HR office, and then one of the managers (which I haven't asked or been told her position) walked me to the front office management office. She complimented my business attire and asked me few casual questions and gave me a brief tour of the regency on the way. At the management office I supposed to be interviewed with two another managers but one was unavailable with another tasks.
    The interview didn't felt like an interview at all, was more like an friendly casual talk. They introduced me themselves with their names, and asked couple questions. By the end they told me that I should be contacted by another person with answers in few days and briefed me with the pay, benefits etc.

Couple days after I got the email to fill in my information for background check online, and after 3 weeks got called for an appointment of orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is not satisfied and complaining about the service?   1 Answer
    • What is your weakness   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and also went in to speak with hiring manager. Interviewed on the same day with hiring manager, director and general manager. Questions were easy - they want to know that you're flexible with shifts and see that you're presentable.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was contacted via phone 2 days after I applied for the position and was asked to come in for an interview. I met with the front office manager and he asked basic questions...what's your goal, why do you want to work for Hyatt...nothing difficult. A few min later I met with the assistant director of rooms and we just spoke casually about the property, company and my past experience.

Interview Questions

• If I could be any shoe, what kind would I be   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana Pueblo, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Santa Ana Pueblo, NM) in July 2013.

Interview

Was contacted a week after applying online and had two interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• Will you have any problem being in a support role with little control?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate and was misleading about hours of position as well the teamwork environment.

Front Office Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt in September 2012.

Interview

Expect up to three interviews. First with Front Office Manager, then Rooms Executive, and finally GM. Go in with a smile. You will not get hired if you don't smile.

Interview Questions

• One of the more difficult questions was, "give an instance of a time when there was a conflict with a coworker, client, guest, ect... How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I had four interviews. One with an HR associate, one with the Front Office manager, one with the Rooms Executive and finally, one with the General Manager. My interviews were on different days and I had to keep coming in, it was inconvenient. Staff really looks for if you know information about the hotel (how many rooms/meeting room space)and its key clients (business/dance groups & conventions/weekenders & Great America). Learning about the loyalty program would also be a plus.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Due to lack to experience I was offered the PBX position, which I was told was a few cents lower (salary wise) than a Front Office position.

Front Office Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt in July 2012.

Interview

After applying online, I was called to discuss my current situation. After talking about my current situation I was asked about any prior experience and then was forwarded to the hiring manager. The hiring manager then set up an on-sire interview. After the on-site interview, I was offered the position and had to go through paperwork!