Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.4

PBX Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and the entire process took about two to three weeks. I had an initial phone screen/interview with HR. They explained the position and pay, and asked general questions.

A few days later, I had an in person interview with the supervisor and manager of the department. The interview was pleasant and conversational. It felt as though they were trying to get to know me more as a person instead of asking situational questions.

After a week, HR called to offer me the role. The background check came back within two days, and they called me quickly thereafter to tell me my start date the following week.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very interesting. They tell you just enough to get you in the door! But they don't tell you about all the crap you have to deal with

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Cambridge, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Talk to the manager for about half hour and answered any questioned and concerns he had about how would fit in with the company. He also asked about my experience in customer service. He also reviewed what task I would have to preform and if I was comfortable with that.

Interview Questions

• How I could make the experience of all guest better if I had 5 minutes of face time.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Sarasota, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I walk in and sit down. She asked a lot of questions trying to get a feel of my personality. I answered everything as clearly as i could. She was very kind.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It went really well. All pretty straight forward simple questions. Nothing was tricky. I would definitely recommend a hyatt internship if you want to see what the hotel is all about. I did rotational so I had a little bit of every department experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It was smooth and easy and I was informed about everything in detail. I was updated on the status of my application so I could understand the next steps to take forward.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Arlington, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard. If they really like you and if they have time, you will basically meet everyone you need to meet to be approved or no. For me, after I spoke with the HR person, it was pretty easy from there. I just handled a conversation like a normal conversation (which is what they are looking for) and made them laugh here and there.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult person/guest? Or have you ever been in a situation with an angry customer and what did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Fun and quick. No hard questions. Nothing you would not expect. They make you feel comfortable and talk to you like abnormal person. They don't ask you very hard questions. They laugh and talk with you for about 15-20 minutes. Asking questions about things on your resume.

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview within a few days of submitting it. After notifying the front desk I was there, the manager had me wait in the lobby for 10-15 minutes (she was late). She then led me to a conference room for the interview. The process itself was extremely long and lasted about 45 minutes to an hour, much longer than I anticipated for the desired position. The interviewer was kind, but relentless with her questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   Answer Question
    • If you saw an employee breaking the rules, would you tell a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • Say you are at the front desk with a long line of check-ins, an angry guest at the front of the line, and the phone is ringing. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • Why did you want this job?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Madrid (Spain)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was, without a doubt, the best job interview of my life!
    I am applying as a receptionist at a new Hyatt Centric in Madrid, along with almost 100 or more applicants for the different openings. I must say that the organization was incredible and the location was amazing, a beautiful yet almost unknown museum right at the center of Madrid; but what really shook me in a positive way was the flawless and welcoming attitude of the entire Hyatt staff, really attentive and explaining all sorts of things about the company and the interview itself. It definitely made me want to be a part of them, of their new founded family with modernized ideas of what professionalism means in the new world. I loved their approach on the future of the hotel industry and how do we, the workers, fit in that map.
    Disregarding the result of my interview, which I still don't know, this is by far my best job interview!
    Jorge Astorga. September 18th 2017.

Interview Questions

• How did you found out about this opportunity?   1 Answer
    • Group dynamics in very different ways, not the usual tests you see online or at other interviews.   1 Answer