Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.4

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Crystal City, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy and fast. Background check done in a couple of days. They communicated things well and it went very smoothly. The interviews happen 1 week apart and then the background check was done in a few days.

Interview Questions

• how do I treat people that I dont know   1 Answer

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Brief questions about why I wanted the job and to know it's not just a front desk job and that it'd be something new to try and if I wanted to give it a shot.
    Took a while to start because of the tests needed.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Hyatt reps came to my university and recruited a lot of college students for summer. I was interviewed and then later matched to a position they though would be a good fit for me.

Order Taker, Phones, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through their company website and a couple days later I got a email saying to come to the hotel. I came in for my first interview which took about 30-35 min because I met with 2 managers at different times. It went well, they were nice and welcoming very professional and explained the job thoroughly. I was not rushed at all either. After that they said they would keep in contact regardless if I got the job or not. After four days I received another email saying to come in to fill out paperwork.

Yes they do a background check and a drug test!!!

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

They do multiple interviews for any given position. For Night Auditor, they want you to do interviews with four different people. The first person is just an HR person, and that's over the phone. The second is the Front Desk Assistant Manager, and that is in person. I was told that I would be contacted about the next interview within a week or so, and received a denial email later that day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with hotel key card writers (RFID)?   Answer Question

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Clearwater Beach, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager reached out via email. One interview with him, and a second interview with Assistant Director of Operations. Both interviews were one on one, second was a bit more difficult than the first.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 5, what is your experience with managing many people?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

The process started off by submitting an applicaiton online. Then, I was contacted for a phone interview with a couple people from the team. (I'm not sure if they are all by phone because I was living out of state at the time). There was a second round of interviews with a couple of different people from the team. Later, human resources informed me that I had received the position and sent over the appropriate paperwork.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work for them.   2 Answers

Cocktail Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the bar Manager. He asked me about my previous employment with the Hyatt and the reason I was seeking to come back to the Hyatt. He also asked me about why I thought I'd be a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Would you be ok with staying in the position for a minimum of 6 months before transferring to a different department?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Relatively simple interview process. Basic resume review, 10 minute phone interview, and then either an in-person or skype interview. Asked about qualifications and resume. Gave a description of the position and the expected duties to see if you could fulfill the requirements.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit at Hyatt?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online took about one week for the phone interview. Basic interview questions but first you interview with supervisor and department manager after the interview they showed me a room that I would be cleaning. The second inteview is the interview with the general manager. It took about a week or two for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the best person for the job?   1 Answer