Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.4

Restaurant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saipan, MP

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hyatt (Saipan, MP).

Interview

Very quiet, very kind, very friendly, all ways smiling . We care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from a place of empathy and authentic human connection. We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as unique individuals, so we can design and deliver.

Interview Questions

• You have very good work experience,That's very impotant .   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Buffalo, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

they ask me to come in and prepare five plates with different proteins during non busy hours. The head Chef was not there. The sous chef was present. I was left alone while making the dishes and simple is always better.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

After applying for the job it only took a few days till I was contacted. The phone interview was immediate and very long. Two days later I was asked to go into the hotel. Sitting in the office the person who was interviewing me was cold. Only asked one question which I thought was odd as the phone interview was very long. I guess he didn't like my answer (even though I described everything on my resume in detail). After that it was awkward and the interview was over. Maybe we were both having an off day.

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Delray Beach, FL).

Interview

About an hour after submitting my application I recieved a phone call scheduling me for an interview at a job fair the following week. I was extremely excited and probably the most notable, prepared, qualified, and highly motivated individual there. Given my background in customer experience I was sure to be a great fit. However, after buying the perfect attire and portfolio, days of prepping & research, and arriving 15mins early to my appointment (Shame on me for being super excited about a position & company I had high interest in.) , my interview only lasted 10 mins, HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

I've never been to an interview where the interviewer spent most of the time asking me do I have questions for her. She was extremely undertrained and didnt know what she was doing because from the very moment the interview began she asked me if I had any questions for her and she couldnt answer any of them and the other guy present who was suppose to be "learning" under her had to save the interview. Ultimately, she was intimidated by me and from the moment I sat down she had 0 intentions on hiring me given she only asked me 2 interview questions, I did most of the asking which is totally backwards. But best of luck to anyone who gets a job here and to the people that don't, keep trying, because someone will appreciate you & I landed an opportunity with another hotel just days later (a day after my hyatt interview, I got an interview elsewhere and was offered a job on the spot) so never be discouraged (:

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyatt (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

INSULTING 300 QUESTION SURVEY ASKED SAME THINGs over and over again gave same answers stupid questions stupid Answers consistent ou like or dislike Structure People make you fell like talking

Interview Questions

• You like or dislike Structure People make you fell like talking   1 Answer

Event Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Met with the Director of events and 2 associate directors, of catering and special events. Felt a great connection with all of them and learned more about the role and company. Was told they still had over interviews to conduct but that I would hear back from them within a week.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2016.

Interview

great -relaxed-easy to talk to-we talked very casually over lunch and discussed the programs we were looking into. I offered ideas and concepts to the position and met with 4 people who were tied to the job postion I was creating. Still waiting for reponse as I just met with them. Will hear back or recall them next week and see what the plan is.

Front Office Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Buffalo, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was your basic interview but was done non-professionally. I was interviewed by one of the managers and knew I wouldn't enjoy the workplace sadly. It was rude and rushed as if it was a inconvenience and waste of the person's time. I felt a racial component but can't prove that of course.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It was pretty short. I just talked to the hiring manager for a little bit. Mainly consisted of a casual conversation. There were a few general questions. But other than that it seemed like they were short staffed so they were just trying to fill the position. He asked how long I was planning on working here if hired as well. First I spoke with the hiring manager and then I spoke with HR. They both pretty much asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the team?   Answer Question

Rooms Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Straightforward with the typical kinds of questions you would expect interviewers to ask. First, an HR representative will contact you and note down basic information like what kinds of jobs you're looking for and why you're applying to this job. Then, if you pass the HR interview, you talk with your potential supervisor and director. Sometimes they split this last bit into two interview, sometimes they both interview you at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever come across an angry or difficult guest, and if so, what did you do?   Answer Question