Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.4

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Clearwater Beach, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager reached out via email. One interview with him, and a second interview with Assistant Director of Operations. Both interviews were one on one, second was a bit more difficult than the first.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 5, what is your experience with managing many people?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

The process started off by submitting an applicaiton online. Then, I was contacted for a phone interview with a couple people from the team. (I'm not sure if they are all by phone because I was living out of state at the time). There was a second round of interviews with a couple of different people from the team. Later, human resources informed me that I had received the position and sent over the appropriate paperwork.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work for them.   2 Answers

Cocktail Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the bar Manager. He asked me about my previous employment with the Hyatt and the reason I was seeking to come back to the Hyatt. He also asked me about why I thought I'd be a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Would you be ok with staying in the position for a minimum of 6 months before transferring to a different department?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Lakeland, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Sit down at a table, wait for employer. Employer asked questions, they ask if you have questions. (Ask them questions) and you will recieve a call back. To fill out papers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Relatively simple interview process. Basic resume review, 10 minute phone interview, and then either an in-person or skype interview. Asked about qualifications and resume. Gave a description of the position and the expected duties to see if you could fulfill the requirements.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit at Hyatt?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online took about one week for the phone interview. Basic interview questions but first you interview with supervisor and department manager after the interview they showed me a room that I would be cleaning. The second inteview is the interview with the general manager. It took about a week or two for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the best person for the job?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, a couple of days later got a call to come in for a face to face interview. Didn't have to take a test or do a phone interview. Arrived on time, was greeted by a manager I'm guessing. Interview was simple. I was told a little about the company and what they are looking for. This location was not under a union so he went over different hours you may work and the benefits. I'm guessing because it's SF and it's Fisherman's Wharf that's why the pay is $21.50/hr. Where other cities/locations may just be $12hr. Interview lasted 30mins, I felt it went good but you never know what these managers on looking for. He said he still had interviews for the next day which usually means you didn't get the job. He said I would get a phone call or email either way it went. And from looking on here since I didn't get a 2nd interview or hired on the spot I'm kinda guessing I didn't get the job :( lol

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a customer you weren't able to help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Morristown, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on the phone and spoke with HR, then i spoke with the banquet manager on the phone a couple days later, after that I went in and spoke to both the HR and Banquet manager in person. Then was offered a job which i accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work under pressure?   1 Answer

Restaurant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saipan, MP

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hyatt (Saipan, MP).

Interview

Very quiet, very kind, very friendly, all ways smiling . We care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from a place of empathy and authentic human connection. We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as unique individuals, so we can design and deliver.

Interview Questions

• You have very good work experience,That's very impotant .   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Buffalo, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

they ask me to come in and prepare five plates with different proteins during non busy hours. The head Chef was not there. The sous chef was present. I was left alone while making the dishes and simple is always better.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations