Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Interview was very professional, friendly, not intimidating. Had to take an extensive personality test online which was tedious, and I never got to see the results of that but it's not a big deal.

Anonymous Employee in Minn City, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Minn City, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview 2 weeks spoke with ops, front desk manager and assistant manger. Then Hr coordinator. Did some skype. Every was nice over the phone, all asked the same questions. Why Hyatt?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you want to work in hospitality.   1 Answer

Front Office Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Cambridge, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a week they contacted me to schedule an interview for the next day. I arrived 10 minutes prior the settled time at the HR office, and then one of the managers (which I haven't asked or been told her position) walked me to the front office management office. She complimented my business attire and asked me few casual questions and gave me a brief tour of the regency on the way. At the management office I supposed to be interviewed with two another managers but one was unavailable with another tasks.
    The interview didn't felt like an interview at all, was more like an friendly casual talk. They introduced me themselves with their names, and asked couple questions. By the end they told me that I should be contacted by another person with answers in few days and briefed me with the pay, benefits etc.

Couple days after I got the email to fill in my information for background check online, and after 3 weeks got called for an appointment of orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is not satisfied and complaining about the service?   1 Answer
    • What is your weakness   Answer Question

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Blacksburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through my university and met with a recruiter from Hyatt. After meeting with her she gave me an interview the day afterwards. After the interview I applied via Hyatt website that the recruiter gave me access to. I waited 3 weeks and then the recruiter called me and offered me a job within Hyatt for CMT program that lasted 7 months. Going through the CMT program is an interview in itself to see if they want to hire you to stay after your program has ended. After my CMT program I received an offer to work as an assistant manager for Hyatt for that particular property.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first over the phone. Then interviewed with Dept Manager and Dept Head o the same day. Process is easy and simple and all were friendly. Questions are expected for any customer service position.

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

The hiring manager will conduct your interview in the front lobby in front of other employees and guests. They will ask you a few basic customer service based scenarios to see how you would respond to realistic scenarios. Then they will talk about themselves and their view of the company then not ask if you have any questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were the only gallery host and there was a long line of people wanting coffee/food and to check-in and a few guests were getting agitated?   2 Answers

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later by HR. The interview was typical and not too intimidating. I interviewed with several different managers and did not know who I would be directly working for until I was hired. I received an offer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Past experience and why should we hire you for the position?   Answer Question

SPA Concierge Interview

Interview

they asked pretty basic questions and used the STAR criteria. I interviewed with a very friendly HR associate and she was an alum of where I go to school so it was very easy to relate to her. Good experience overall, and not at all intimidating.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, attended job fair,interviewed in person, offered online interview. Originally applied for one front office job, then another at a location in the city. I am currently being considered for two positions, the processes differe slightly.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle busy and stressful times, S they often occur at the same time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

applied online, was called within two days for an interview with HR. i arrived on time. turned out they were doing multiple interviews at a time not just for my position but others as well. instead of interviewing with HR, i was directly introduced to the front desk manager who asked me basic questions about my past work experience and customer service skills. we talked for about 20 minutes and then i was told to hang tight until the assistant director of rooms could arrive to talk to me. we chatted briefly about why i wanted to work for the company and then finished by talking about when i would be able to start if offered the job. i was also informed that i was the first of 8 interviews for the position i applied for. i am currently waiting for a response on whether i will get the job or not.