Hyatt Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Line Cook Interview Questions

Interviews at Hyatt

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with the chef of my restaurant was the first step. Then I was brought in to do a practical cooking demonstration, after that I was hired. They took a week or two to do a background check on me. I was not required to submit to a drug test or do any additional testing/health care screenings after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe three of my strengths and three of my weaknesses. Tell them if I thought I would be with Hyatt for a long time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Buffalo, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

they ask me to come in and prepare five plates with different proteins during non busy hours. The head Chef was not there. The sous chef was present. I was left alone while making the dishes and simple is always better.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The interview process started with me sitting down with the banquet chef, who interviewed me for the restaurant line because he had previously been the chef de cuisine and his replacement had only recently gotten there. After a very positive interview with him, I was called back to interview with the new chef de cuisine, which also went very smoothly. In both cases, they asked me the standard questions about my training and experience, as well as questions about me personally (to gauge my personality and fit on their existing team, I would imagine). They were both very friendly and comfortable to talk with.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a window full of tickets, and more were still printing off the ticket machine?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt in September 2011.

Interview

I was in contact with the human resources manager as soon as I found out they were hiring for the kitchen. The human resources offices contacted me to set up a interview. I met with the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef, and the Directer of Human resources and talked to them all one on one. Two days later the human resources director contacted me and gave me an offer and asked when I could start if i accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate the offer. Human resources told me that they would only offer me a certain amount per hour. I was moving and was in desperate need for a job. I took the offer because I needed a job, but also new that Hyatt could help me start my career.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

Very short and concise .a conversation with the chef .Explained my culinary background and what I aim to achieve from working with them. Then a tour of the hotel .