Hyatt Night Auditor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Night Auditor Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

They do multiple interviews for any given position. For Night Auditor, they want you to do interviews with four different people. The first person is just an HR person, and that's over the phone. The second is the Front Desk Assistant Manager, and that is in person. I was told that I would be contacted about the next interview within a week or so, and received a denial email later that day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with hotel key card writers (RFID)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Roanoke, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

The front desk manager contacted me in reference to an online application I put in
    a month prior. I completed my interview in the later evening time (around 7:30) and was offered the position full-time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used Microsoft Excel?   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt in August 2015.

Interview

asked about your experience in customer service and how you satisfy customers needs and questions. Be presentable and coordinated. Also asked about former job and describe a time when a customer or guest was angry and how you solved the problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I went to an interview for Night Auditor. Assistant manager conducted a panel interview with six other candidates for the same position in the room. Is that a "normal" process for Hyatt? We were told that that a decision would be made in the next 2 or 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Savannah, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Amazing interview conducted by enthusiastic staff members that were amazing at learning about me and allowing me to learn about the company. Everyone I spoke with was honest and friendly. The interview confirmed that the Hyatt is a great second job for some and a perfect primary job for other people.

Interview Questions

• What drew me to the hospitality industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. I was happy with the first offer but negotiated a small step higher in pay.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

What you would expect for an entry level interview. Personality, education, and previous employment questions. Lasted one day, met with the front desk manager and the rooms executive. Prepped me on what to expect and measured me for a uniform.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when you have gone above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for a part-time Night Auditor position at a Hyatt property through a career website, and within 24 hours I received a response. Some time later, the HR manager called me to schedule an interview, and also assessed my background and interests. On the day of, I arrived about 15 minutes early and informed the front desk staff of my interview. They were extremely courteous and offered to call the HR manager to meet me in the beautiful open-air lobby of the hotel. The lobby actually turned out to be the site for the interview, which gave it a much more relaxed atmosphere.

The HR manager was very polite and asked a variety of questions, such as my education in accounting/hospitality; situations that would justify an absence; my experience with Excel; future aspirations; examples of when I had to work on a team or meet a deadline; and why I felt I was suited for this position. After the interview (which lasted about 20-25 minutes), the HR manager called over the Housekeeping manager for a second opinion, and he was quite friendly as well.

Some days later, they called me back to extend the offer, and I have been working at the Hyatt property ever since. The staff is again very courteous and supportive of one another, from the top all the way down, and is a prime example of teamwork in the workplace. Can't complain about the beautiful lobby either.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel that you are best suited for this position at the Hyatt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview from start to hire was 3 weeks. I applied online and 3 days later I got a call from their HR. They conducted an on the spot telephone interview which I was not ready for as my 1 year old had just woken up. It was very evident that if I did not conduct the interview on the phone I would not getn an interview in person. The phone interview was very formal and seemed like a quiz. They asked me about the years I worked from a company from 8 years prior. A week later I went in for an interview from a front desk assistant manager. The next day I had an interview with the Rooms executive and a week later had an informal interview with HR. It was a long process but I did get a job off and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that they would conduct an interview on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Tempe, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

It was very fun and informative about the culture of the company. I initially met wit one manager and they liked me so ,much that I got a chance to meet with the other manager.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview but he was not going to be in. I interviewed with the assistant manager who was leaving next week to a different department. They asked basic questions such as why you would think you would be the best candidate, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why Hyatt, and so on and so forth

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at Hyatt instead of any other hotel in the city?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, pay and benefits were firm