Hyatt Night Auditor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Night Auditor Interview Questions

Interviews at Hyatt

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I first got the call for am invitation for an interview. I arrived early, filled out a background consent form and was lead to a ballroom where other interviews were taking place. I first met with an HR representative who asked general questions. He passed me on to interview with the Front Office Managers. It was two gentlemen. They explained more in depth what the position entailed and their expectations of the person chose for the position. Interviewing with these two was the most relaxed interview I've ever had. They were comfortable, warm, hospitable and was like having a conversation with my friends. They passed me along to the Executive of rooms which was my last interview. I was initially intimidated and a little nervous because I knew this was it. He basically gave me scenarios as to the types of situations I would be deal with and wanted to know how I would handle them. When we were done, he told me an HR representative will show me out. She came over and said that they all loved me and that they would like to offer a Position pending my background. Background took less than a week. All references and former employers were called. I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Plantation, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

the process was very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bellevue, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

This was a very informal interview. With my college majors, I am sure they felt I was qualified. Basically, they just informed me of the job duties and the benefits and salary that came with it. No interview questions were asked. Just "how did you hear about this position" and "do you have reliable transportation". It sounded like I had the job but a second person came over and commented that they thought I would be best suited for a different position within the company. So far I have been told of three different positions and no interview questions. I have met four very prominent individuals of the company. No offers yet, but I hope to hear of one soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

They do multiple interviews for any given position. For Night Auditor, they want you to do interviews with four different people. The first person is just an HR person, and that's over the phone. The second is the Front Desk Assistant Manager, and that is in person. I was told that I would be contacted about the next interview within a week or so, and received a denial email later that day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with hotel key card writers (RFID)?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Position was had an immediate need to be filled, so took about a week after I applied before I got a call, but then scheduled an interview for the next day and got the job offer the following day. Interview process was fairly straight forward and very pleasant. Interviewed with both AGMs and after going through my qualifications and basic interview, they went over various scenarios and asked me if I was comfortable working in those types of environments and wanted to be sure I would be a good fit – examples included sudden and drastic changes in company policies, guest complaints, driving a large passenger van, preparing food service in middle of night on top of front desk and audit duties.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why not the other?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Tempe, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

It was very fun and informative about the culture of the company. I initially met wit one manager and they liked me so ,much that I got a chance to meet with the other manager.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

What you would expect for an entry level interview. Personality, education, and previous employment questions. Lasted one day, met with the front desk manager and the rooms executive. Prepped me on what to expect and measured me for a uniform.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when you have gone above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Estero, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application. I received a call for an interview. My First Interview Consisted Of me meeting with the general manager and the head of housekeeping. I was given a tour if the property, looked at various room types and was told they would call me soon. I submitted my information online for my back ground check and was called in for my second interview. Before I knew it, later that day I got offer the position.

Interview Questions

• What do I do if someone would like a room without a reservation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Savannah, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Amazing interview conducted by enthusiastic staff members that were amazing at learning about me and allowing me to learn about the company. Everyone I spoke with was honest and friendly. The interview confirmed that the Hyatt is a great second job for some and a perfect primary job for other people.

Interview Questions

• What drew me to the hospitality industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. I was happy with the first offer but negotiated a small step higher in pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I went to an interview for Night Auditor. Assistant manager conducted a panel interview with six other candidates for the same position in the room. Is that a "normal" process for Hyatt? We were told that that a decision would be made in the next 2 or 3 days.