Hyatt Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very easy flowing, allowed for me to describe my previous job experience. There was first a brief phone interview, and an in-person interview where you talk to two managers.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide on working in the Hospitality industry?   Answer Question

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by Directors, very fast and standard interview questions. Met with 3 Directors, 2 managers, and 2 admins.The whole process was amazing Hyatt is an incredibly amazing company to work for.

Leasing Consultant/Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Very personable and friendly. The interviewer was warm and friendly. The interviewer is a local native like myself, there was a comradely between us both. She seemed very relaxed which made me feel the same. Interview started at time that was agreed upon and was about 30 mins in duration.

Interview Questions

• What's my customer service experience like.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I got an email from HR saying I had an interview on a certain day and I need to get there during a few hour time window. First interview was with HR, passed that round so I went upstairs and interviewed with two different front desk managers. Then the last interview was with the general manager. I was working a part time job at the time so my schedule was a little difficult so they let me do all three interviews in one day. Everyone I interviewed with was very nice and professional. They called me a couple days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what customer service experience you had and how you deal with difficult situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any really.

Event Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

During the interview process I spoke with the Director of Events and multiple Event Managers and Event Sales managers. I was given a tour of the space and had the opportunity to see 1 or 2 events being set up and executed by the banquets team. I was also able to see rooms beeing set by the set up team.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know a time I had a difficult potential client who hadn't yet signed the contract and how I was able to turn the client around and land the piece of business.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was interviewed and was told by the division head that I would get the job. After a few days he called me and told me that the GM had promised the job to someone else. 4 months later after that person failed at the job, the called me back and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Details about my hotel experience.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy interview. One on one and panel interview. HR, director, and managers will conduct interview. Employment background check took two weeks to complete. Interview took only like 30 minutes to complete

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

It was pretty good. Talking with 4 ADOS then the DOS. They asked general questions like why you want to work here, what is your strength, your past working experience, introduce your self and so on so forth.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite animal   1 Answer

Negotiation

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

From the moment I was contacted to come in for my first interview, I realized that this was a different level of quality and service than I was used to. My interview was less anxious than anticipated and thoroughly satisfying after hearing that o was shifted to the next step. The interviewer was thorough for good reason. And I especially appreciate the communication put forth on his part in keeping me updated.

Interview Questions

• There was an incident o had wanted to keep discreet and the interviewer was courteous enough to make me aware that he was aware of the incident but reassured n
      Me that it would go no further than our conversation. That made me feel at peace.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in December 2010.

Interview

interview with HR, hiring manager, department head and if management position, HRD and General Manager.