Hyde Park Restuarants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hyde Park Restuarants

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyde Park Restuarants (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I attended a job fair. I went in and filled out an application and took a "test" that was basically testing my knowledge on alcohol. Then I was briefly interviewed by a manager. It was relatively casual and very quick, probably because it was a job fair and there were other applicants there. Common interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous manager describe you? How would your coworkers describe you?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Interview

Interviews are pretty brief. Friendly managers will ask a few things, may have multiple interviews depending on who you speak to. Sometimes general manager or even corporate can be part of the interview. Not stressful at all, everyone was friendly and professionals.

Interview Questions

• Are you a people person? How do you handle difficult guests?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyde Park Restuarants (Birmingham, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Laid back interview with the gm, came back 2 days later for 2nd with the hiring manager.Two weeks of training and learning your schtick and preparing for your manager wait. You have to know all the ingredients for all the items on the menu and the ounces for the steaks

Negotiation

Waiting/FOH Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyde Park Restuarants (Plymouth, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was nervous going into the interview, but fortunately it was more formal than expected, we sat at one of the tables and just chatted about previous work, hours and where I lived. If you are nervous about interviews, don't be as the supervisors are lovely here, although the job wasn't for me it would be great for soemone younger starting out in hospitality.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have relevant to this jobs role?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyde Park Restuarants in April 2011.

Interview

I had filled out an application for a server's position, but they were only looking for hostesses at that point. I had decided to go in anyway when offered an interview. The gentleman who interviewed me was extremely courteous and professional. He asked somewhere around 15 questions from a sheet of paper on everything one could imagine in regard to working in a restaurant. When asked how long I would have to work as a hostess before there was a possibility of serving at the restaurant, he said about a year, and that training to be a server was a one month process that included learning how every item was cooked first hand.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer