Hydro One Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Hydro One Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

I applied through university and I got interviewed in March 2017.

I got interviewed by an HR (1:1) and I got asked 5 questions total and they were mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hydro One? What are the challenges that we are facing recently?   Answer Question
    • How do you organize yourself?   Answer Question
    • How does your previous experience apply to this job?   Answer Question

Rodman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a mass hiring with a full day oreantation describing duties and expectations .. also it was then we had to present our documentation and certificates in what training and equipment you personally were capable of operating .. all were given a appitude test at the start of the meeting and a passing mark of 80% was required to gain employment .. some did not get the marks and were told they would be welcomed to reapply at a later date but they were not at this time eligible .. I thought it was cold but it is how they have done there large scale hires or years and we were told prior it would be a requirement .. it was then at the end of the meeting we were broken up into teams and given our assignments and were expected to start the next day without any confusion .. any questions were to be asked then so the start would go with out any one being unsure what was expected of them .It was OK as there was a tailboard meeting with team members every morning anyway where the days assignments were detailed and assigned to the person responsible to carry out the work .. it in fact worked extremely well

Interview Questions

• What training and certification I had in which I could be able to use required equipment   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

I applied online. and after half month, got an email for interview time. The interview took about 45 min. Only one round, with 2 interviewers, both engineers, no HR. Got an offer after about a week through phone.

Interview Questions

• power factor, capacitor and inductor, behaviour questions   Answer Question

Metering and Technical Services: Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked mostly about the content on my Resume. No technical Questions only thing they asked was whats a smart meter. I did thorough research about the interview questions and they were mostly similar to what I found on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell me what do you know about Hydro One?
      Q2: What do you know about this position?
      Q3: Why did you choose to apply to Hydo One?
      Q4: Tell me about yourself?
      Answer Question

Stations Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online through career services at University. Career services notified me once I got an invitation and helped set up interview. I accepted and asked for 1:1 interview in Toronto.

Met one of the Team-Leads on the first floor, introductions, pleasantries, etc then brought up to the engineering floor. Interview was behavioral and some minor technical power questions which you should be able to explain if you've studied the course well. Team lead was very friendly and the interview process went smoothly.

Co-op Strategy & Conservation Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview with manager. 1 hour behavioural and career background interview. Questions included interpersonal skills as well in order to ensure that the skills cover the basic tasks at work i.e marketing, business planning, research & development and entrepeneurship. Questions also included move to Toronto and what the future prospectives are. Importance was laid to having an engineering degree and also an MBA.

Negotiation

Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

I applied online. After 5 days, HR manager called my and interviewed me on phone. She asked five technical and five behavioral questions. The whole interview took about one hour. Some of the questions were tricky. Then it took about two weeks for them to contact me again to set an in-person interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 characteristics of a leader, where did you use these in your life or job.   Answer Question

New Grad - Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for half hour which is easy. 3 hours of in person interview if you are successful in phone interview. This 3 hour interview is no joke. It's the toughest interview I ever had. They ask you lots of difficult technical questions for 1.5 hours follow by 1.5 hour of behavioural questions. A 5 minutes technical presentation on topic of your choosing and a technical report on the topic of your choosing.

Technical questions are from basic power systems course, power system protection course, motors course and industry experience. It's really difficult

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse the direction of 3 phase ac induction motor?   Answer Question
    • What quantity does distance protection detect in order to operate?   Answer Question
    • Read questions posted by other candidates..some of them were similar.   Answer Question

Area Distribution Engineering Technician(Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hydro One (London, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

No technical questions, feel like a casual chat, around 20 questions all preprinted,most for behaviors and personalities, and they even told me the standard way of how they deal with some of the situations in the questions, last about 90 minutes for my case.

Interview Questions

• 1.Introduce yourself   Answer Question
    • 2.what we do and how you know about us   1 Answer
    • 3.What you will do if your work end at 2PM for the day   1 Answer
    • 4.Over time asked by the customer, how you deal?   1 Answer
    • 5.You had a better idea about the project, what you will do?   1 Answer

Engineering New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First received a phone interview which takes around half a hour. Then, I was scheduled a two and half hour in-person interview. Two department team leads and one HR was asking me both technical and behavior questions. Be sure to review power theories and prepare for behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Power factor
      Voltage regulation
      Line losses
      Power generation motors
      Behavior: half about leadership and half about safety
      describe a situation that you saw your co-worker was breaking the safety rules
      Answer Question