Hydro One Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Hydro One Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Jun 2, 2017

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview that took about 45 minutes with two interviewers. I got no technical questions which was nice, but a few questions were followed by another very similar question. For example: "what is a time that you resolved a problem in the workplace and how it was done" followed by "what is a time that you resolved a reoccurring workplace problem in a creative way".

Rodman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a mass hiring with a full day oreantation describing duties and expectations .. also it was then we had to present our documentation and certificates in what training and equipment you personally were capable of operating .. all were given a appitude test at the start of the meeting and a passing mark of 80% was required to gain employment .. some did not get the marks and were told they would be welcomed to reapply at a later date but they were not at this time eligible .. I thought it was cold but it is how they have done there large scale hires or years and we were told prior it would be a requirement .. it was then at the end of the meeting we were broken up into teams and given our assignments and were expected to start the next day without any confusion .. any questions were to be asked then so the start would go with out any one being unsure what was expected of them .It was OK as there was a tailboard meeting with team members every morning anyway where the days assignments were detailed and assigned to the person responsible to carry out the work .. it in fact worked extremely well

Interview Questions

• What training and certification I had in which I could be able to use required equipment   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Metering and Technical Services: Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked mostly about the content on my Resume. No technical Questions only thing they asked was whats a smart meter. I did thorough research about the interview questions and they were mostly similar to what I found on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell me what do you know about Hydro One?
      Q2: What do you know about this position?
      Q3: Why did you choose to apply to Hydo One?
      Q4: Tell me about yourself?

Stations Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online through career services at University. Career services notified me once I got an invitation and helped set up interview. I accepted and asked for 1:1 interview in Toronto.

Met one of the Team-Leads on the first floor, introductions, pleasantries, etc then brought up to the engineering floor. Interview was behavioral and some minor technical power questions which you should be able to explain if you've studied the course well. Team lead was very friendly and the interview process went smoothly.

Co-op Strategy & Conservation Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview with manager. 1 hour behavioural and career background interview. Questions included interpersonal skills as well in order to ensure that the skills cover the basic tasks at work i.e marketing, business planning, research & development and entrepeneurship. Questions also included move to Toronto and what the future prospectives are. Importance was laid to having an engineering degree and also an MBA.

Negotiation

New Grad - Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for half hour which is easy. 3 hours of in person interview if you are successful in phone interview. This 3 hour interview is no joke. It's the toughest interview I ever had. They ask you lots of difficult technical questions for 1.5 hours follow by 1.5 hour of behavioural questions. A 5 minutes technical presentation on topic of your choosing and a technical report on the topic of your choosing.

Technical questions are from basic power systems course, power system protection course, motors course and industry experience. It's really difficult

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse the direction of 3 phase ac induction motor?   Answer Question
    • What quantity does distance protection detect in order to operate?   Answer Question
    • Read questions posted by other candidates..some of them were similar.   Answer Question

Engineering New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First received a phone interview which takes around half a hour. Then, I was scheduled a two and half hour in-person interview. Two department team leads and one HR was asking me both technical and behavior questions. Be sure to review power theories and prepare for behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Power factor
      Voltage regulation
      Line losses
      Power generation motors
      Behavior: half about leadership and half about safety
      describe a situation that you saw your co-worker was breaking the safety rules

New Grad - Business Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Its overall a 3 step process. Phone, 2 hour face to face and then an iq test. The recruiting process was the usual, but its highly competitive so its really intensive.

Interview Questions

• It was the longest interview - ever. The phone screen was general regarding industry etc. The f2f was crazy long. It had 1 hr behavioral compontent, 1 5 min presentation and 1 hour technical.
      Behavioural questions:
      1. Tell me how you handled change
      2. Attitude towards safety
      3. Tell me about a time you volunteered to lead a team
      4. Tell me about a time when you brought out the best in someone

Technical:
      Its catered towards your specialization. Accounting specialists can expect questions around audit techniques, internal control etc.

Protection, Control & Metering - Electrical Interview

Application

Interview

I applied on Hydro One website. They contacted in about 3 weeks through my Co-op school department. It was video conference interview. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions like tell me about yourself, why you want to work in Hydro One, experience with AutoCAD. The interviewer told that i will get the update in one in any case but I didn't.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what kind of experience you have with AutoCAD   1 Answer

Relay and Meter Services - Engineering/Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a 1 hour long interview. There were 2 interviewers, who explained the details of the internship, including the work hours and salary. They asked me several behavioural based questions as well as questions about technical projects/experiments. The overall environment was pleasant. I received a response from the company with the internship offer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Why did you choose Hydro One?
      What are your objectives?
      Challenges faced by the company?
      Do you know anything about the position?
      Leadership experience?
      Have you had any previous work experience?
      Describe your skills and attitude?
      How will you describe yourself as a student?
      Any accomplishment you are proud of?
      Any challenges you faced? How you overcame it?