Hydro One Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

3.2

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Telecom Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university and then through their website. Relaxed, and friendly interview environment. If you practice and are calm, you should be able to do just fine for the interview. Questions weren't that hard, basic telecommunication engineering questions like 'what are some forms of telecommunications'?

Overall experience was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Some technical and behavioral questions?   1 Answer
    • What are some forms of telecommunication?   1 Answer

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview that took about 45 minutes with two interviewers. I got no technical questions which was nice, but a few questions were followed by another very similar question. For example: "what is a time that you resolved a problem in the workplace and how it was done" followed by "what is a time that you resolved a reoccurring workplace problem in a creative way".

Metering and Technical Services: Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked mostly about the content on my Resume. No technical Questions only thing they asked was whats a smart meter. I did thorough research about the interview questions and they were mostly similar to what I found on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell me what do you know about Hydro One?
      Q2: What do you know about this position?
      Q3: Why did you choose to apply to Hydo One?
      Q4: Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

New Grad - Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for half hour which is easy. 3 hours of in person interview if you are successful in phone interview. This 3 hour interview is no joke. It's the toughest interview I ever had. They ask you lots of difficult technical questions for 1.5 hours follow by 1.5 hour of behavioural questions. A 5 minutes technical presentation on topic of your choosing and a technical report on the topic of your choosing.

Technical questions are from basic power systems course, power system protection course, motors course and industry experience. It's really difficult

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse the direction of 3 phase ac induction motor?   Answer Question
    • What quantity does distance protection detect in order to operate?   Answer Question
    • Read questions posted by other candidates..some of them were similar.   Answer Question

Engineering New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First received a phone interview which takes around half a hour. Then, I was scheduled a two and half hour in-person interview. Two department team leads and one HR was asking me both technical and behavior questions. Be sure to review power theories and prepare for behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Power factor
      Voltage regulation
      Line losses
      Power generation motors
      Behavior: half about leadership and half about safety
      describe a situation that you saw your co-worker was breaking the safety rules   Answer Question

New Grad - Business Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Its overall a 3 step process. Phone, 2 hour face to face and then an iq test. The recruiting process was the usual, but its highly competitive so its really intensive.

Interview Questions

• It was the longest interview - ever. The phone screen was general regarding industry etc. The f2f was crazy long. It had 1 hr behavioral compontent, 1 5 min presentation and 1 hour technical.
      Behavioural questions:
      1. Tell me how you handled change
      2. Attitude towards safety
      3. Tell me about a time you volunteered to lead a team
      4. Tell me about a time when you brought out the best in someone

Technical:
      Its catered towards your specialization. Accounting specialists can expect questions around audit techniques, internal control etc.   Answer Question

Protection, Control & Metering - Electrical Interview

Application

Interview

I applied on Hydro One website. They contacted in about 3 weeks through my Co-op school department. It was video conference interview. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions like tell me about yourself, why you want to work in Hydro One, experience with AutoCAD. The interviewer told that i will get the update in one in any case but I didn't.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what kind of experience you have with AutoCAD   1 Answer

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Questions covered behavior, engineering, business and interpersonal skills. There were two interviewers and the interview took about an hour. The conversation is pleasant and they asked about 4 pages of questions.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through school and got an interview at their office, with the immediate supervisor. The interview was quite informal, and I got asked questions ranging from standard to fun. I was asked extensively about the job role, as well about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why HydroOne? What can you bring that is different to the team?   Answer Question

Protection Control and Metering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly behavioural with very little technical questions. On our way to the interviewing room, the interviewer made me really comfortable with a little chat aside the topic which really helped. As we walked in the room, there was another lady already present. Then we proceeded with the interview and as i said it was mainly behavioural like, what do you know about H1, your achievement.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest achievement?   1 Answer