Hydro One Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through school portal and was called for an interview. It was a couple of people from the team and they mostly asked general personality questions and about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hydro One and the Ontario electricity industry?   Answer Question

Telecom Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university and then through their website. Relaxed, and friendly interview environment. If you practice and are calm, you should be able to do just fine for the interview. Questions weren't that hard, basic telecommunication engineering questions like 'what are some forms of telecommunications'?

Overall experience was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Some technical and behavioral questions?   1 Answer
    • What are some forms of telecommunication?   1 Answer

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview that took about 45 minutes with two interviewers. I got no technical questions which was nice, but a few questions were followed by another very similar question. For example: "what is a time that you resolved a problem in the workplace and how it was done" followed by "what is a time that you resolved a reoccurring workplace problem in a creative way".

Rodman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a mass hiring with a full day oreantation describing duties and expectations .. also it was then we had to present our documentation and certificates in what training and equipment you personally were capable of operating .. all were given a appitude test at the start of the meeting and a passing mark of 80% was required to gain employment .. some did not get the marks and were told they would be welcomed to reapply at a later date but they were not at this time eligible .. I thought it was cold but it is how they have done there large scale hires or years and we were told prior it would be a requirement .. it was then at the end of the meeting we were broken up into teams and given our assignments and were expected to start the next day without any confusion .. any questions were to be asked then so the start would go with out any one being unsure what was expected of them .It was OK as there was a tailboard meeting with team members every morning anyway where the days assignments were detailed and assigned to the person responsible to carry out the work .. it in fact worked extremely well

Interview Questions

• What training and certification I had in which I could be able to use required equipment   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Metering and Technical Services: Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked mostly about the content on my Resume. No technical Questions only thing they asked was whats a smart meter. I did thorough research about the interview questions and they were mostly similar to what I found on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell me what do you know about Hydro One?
      Q2: What do you know about this position?
      Q3: Why did you choose to apply to Hydo One?
      Q4: Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Stations Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online through career services at University. Career services notified me once I got an invitation and helped set up interview. I accepted and asked for 1:1 interview in Toronto.

Met one of the Team-Leads on the first floor, introductions, pleasantries, etc then brought up to the engineering floor. Interview was behavioral and some minor technical power questions which you should be able to explain if you've studied the course well. Team lead was very friendly and the interview process went smoothly.

Co-op Strategy & Conservation Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview with manager. 1 hour behavioural and career background interview. Questions included interpersonal skills as well in order to ensure that the skills cover the basic tasks at work i.e marketing, business planning, research & development and entrepeneurship. Questions also included move to Toronto and what the future prospectives are. Importance was laid to having an engineering degree and also an MBA.

Negotiation

New Grad - Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for half hour which is easy. 3 hours of in person interview if you are successful in phone interview. This 3 hour interview is no joke. It's the toughest interview I ever had. They ask you lots of difficult technical questions for 1.5 hours follow by 1.5 hour of behavioural questions. A 5 minutes technical presentation on topic of your choosing and a technical report on the topic of your choosing.

Technical questions are from basic power systems course, power system protection course, motors course and industry experience. It's really difficult

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse the direction of 3 phase ac induction motor?   Answer Question
    • What quantity does distance protection detect in order to operate?   Answer Question
    • Read questions posted by other candidates..some of them were similar.   Answer Question

Engineering New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First received a phone interview which takes around half a hour. Then, I was scheduled a two and half hour in-person interview. Two department team leads and one HR was asking me both technical and behavior questions. Be sure to review power theories and prepare for behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Power factor
      Voltage regulation
      Line losses
      Power generation motors
      Behavior: half about leadership and half about safety
      describe a situation that you saw your co-worker was breaking the safety rules   Answer Question

New Grad - Business Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Its overall a 3 step process. Phone, 2 hour face to face and then an iq test. The recruiting process was the usual, but its highly competitive so its really intensive.

Interview Questions

• It was the longest interview - ever. The phone screen was general regarding industry etc. The f2f was crazy long. It had 1 hr behavioral compontent, 1 5 min presentation and 1 hour technical.
      Behavioural questions:
      1. Tell me how you handled change
      2. Attitude towards safety
      3. Tell me about a time you volunteered to lead a team
      4. Tell me about a time when you brought out the best in someone

Technical:
      Its catered towards your specialization. Accounting specialists can expect questions around audit techniques, internal control etc.   Answer Question