Hyland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I heard back within 2 weeks to schedule phone interviews with the recruiter. After the initial phone screen I was set up with in person interviews with the hiring manager. I assumed the interview went well as the interview lasted over two hours and I was called back for a second interview, which also lasted over two hours. Since the second interview which took place the last week of March, I have not heard anything. I was excited for the opportunity, but now am a little skeptical of the lack of decision making ability either way. I am making the assumption that they're not interested in me as a candidate, but I would like to definitive answer either way.

Interview Questions

• I was asked on the spot to complete a requirements gathering, then develop a project plan.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, which included a coding knowledge test.
    I then got an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. They asked about my experience, and a certain platform came up that they had particular interest in, so they asked me some more specific questions about that. I was told they would contact me in 1-2 weeks, but 2ish days after the phone interview, I got an email about setting up a on-site interview. I was again told that I would be contacted in 1-2 weeks, but I was again contacted within 2 days saying that they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • I only remember one specific technical question:
      On the whiteboard, write a function that will return the largest number given an array of integers   Answer Question
    • After the first whiteboard question, they asked a few more similar, more advanced questions. questions. When I answered a more complicated one, they challenged me to make it more efficient (Log O rather than O^2). I didn't know the answer directly, but they talked through slowly and I jumped in when they said something that jogged my memory.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email a week later for a phone interview with HR. After that, I received another email for an in person interview. After that, I got another email asking for another phone interview with development team.

Interview Questions

• Recursion for adding an array of numbers together. Also asked to complete a for loop that starts x at 100 and then prints out 0 - 100. Finally, I was asked about requirements for a function from Agile software engineering.   Answer Question

Cloud Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through Hyland career website, and received and email couple weeks later to set up an onsite interview without any prior phone conversation, that was sound weird. I took a day off from my current job because it is 2 hours 30 minutes away from my address and went to onsite interview, Met with HR, took around 30 minutes, and had a tech interview which took 45 minutes and I was told to wait for 2 weeks to hear back but it took more than a month and received not selected email. I was not happy with their interview process, I wish had a phone or skype interview first and not waste all my day.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH).

Interview

There were numerous people to meet with. As you progress through the interview you meet everyone in one day. There was a section where you had to prove your technical skills. It was an interesting experience and everyone was great.

Database Conversion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH).

Interview

Interview included a 15 minute technology presentation, a quick database scenario, and standard interview questions. Overall, this was a fairly straight forward process. Interviewers were approachable and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to prepare a presentation on a technology of my choice   Answer Question

CHAMP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with a basic phone interview and then was flown out to Ohio for an onsite interview. They sent me a "Business Discovery" before I arrived and part of my interview was a presentation where I would ask the interviewees questions and create a workflow for them based off of their answers. This was followed by a panel interview with basic background questions. They also gave me a tour of their office space and took me to lunch. Overall all of the employees I met were very friendly and it was a good experience. Very casual work environment. Told me I would hear from them with a decision in early January - didn't end up hearing till part way through February.

Sales Department Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted very shortly thereafter, asking that I come in for an in-person interview the next day. I'm not sure if phone interviews are customary here, but if so, they skipped this portion for me.

Onsite, I was given a brief tour of the building and then interviewed with my would-be manager and a higher member of the department. The questions were pretty generic. Then I was asked to take an assessment onsite, and given further "homework" to send in upon completion.

I never heard back one way or another, but I don't think I'd have accepted an offer. What really irritated me, and inspired this review, is that almost two years later, I was contacted via LinkedIn, by a recruiter for the exact same position. They made no mention of my past interview with Hyland, nor acknowledged that after asking me to take time off from my current job and spend over two hours at their offices interviewing and taking tests, they never let me know that I hadn't been selected.

You'd think a large TECH company would have more sophisticated recruiting software, in which candidate information was stored, and they could prevent themselves from reaching out to prospects that had already been deemed unfit and unworthy of a response, but I guess not.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather ask for permission or forgiveness?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland in July 2016.

Interview

For one interview, they kept me there for nearly 3 hours!
    First, I had the written test (a proofreading exercise plus the pb & j question). That took an hour.
    Then I met with the recruiter and head of documentation for about a half hour.
    Moved to the tech guy (basically testing you on computer proficiency). Another 30 minutes.
    Then met with 3 technical writers for about 40 minutes.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyland in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview to get a better understanding of who I am, what I can accomplish and how I can benefit the company. Basic interview questions on how my experience related to what the job consisted of.