Hyland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Phone screen with recruiter soon after. Two weeks later wanted to schedule an in-person interview. Back-to-back interviews with two teams (manager + 3-4 developers), even though I was told I would only be meeting with one team. Over two weeks later and despite an email asking for an update still no response, so I'm assuming I didn't get either job.

Database Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. I got a call the next week and scheduled a face to face interview in Westlake. They had me take a technical test and then I interviewed with HR and the hiring manager, it took a couple hours. Two days later they called to move to the next step of a background check.

Proposal Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

I applied and it took a month or two to hear back. Went in and was interviewed by 4 women, three heads of the proposal department and one woman from HR. The interview was about half an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe what Hyland offers to its clients.
      Q: What would you do if you realized you missed a proposal deadline?
      Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

After my application had been reviewed, I received a link to an online assessment with 3 or 4 pretty easy questions about general programming knowledge. After that I was scheduled to do a phone interview with 3 people from different departments on the other end. The interview mainly concerned items on my resume and ended with a question about how I would test a simple program. After this I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Debugging/understanding execution of small programs.   Answer Question
    • How would you test a black box program that took in a string and a character and returned the number of occurrences of that character?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied online.
    Email/call with recruiter.
    2nd round call with a manger
    3rd round in person interview with different manager and senior manager (plus a technical assessment). Also, a 15 minute presentation at the beginning.
    2 weeks later email stating I didn't get the position.

Very professional and paid for travel to interview in Cleveland. Nailed the presentation and interview (standard questions about your resume and situational questions). The technical assessment was pretty tough. I would encourage PM's to look at the software architect and engineer questions posted on here as mine were the same. I have 3+ years of Health IT background and struggled with the assessment. Also, you have access to the Internet during the exam so I just googled some of the answers, but I have no idea if they were checking for that.

Overall: I just wanted to get this job offer and use it as leverage for a salary increase at my current company. It was a lateral move at best for me and the senior manager stated that during the interview. I do not know if it was that or the technical assessment, but I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hyland when you already have a job at a top company in the industry?   2 Answers

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process took more than 6 weeks from now. Initially I wrote an assessment test which had java,c#.net,SQL and general programming questions which was around 1 hour. After that HR sent out for Phone interview request with hiring managers.

Phone interview(4 weeks from now) : questions involved about my resume experience present and past, How interested I'm in programming , How flexible I would be to program in C# as as i was a java developer? Why Hyland and how did you come to know? Do you know about Onbase? Why software Development?

I got an On-site interview request in a week.
    Onsite Interview: first round with hiring managers .They seemed pretty cool..1. my recent experience and daily duties i did?some questions repeated.Explain about the testing environment you do? Would you be comfortable with back end or front end development and why? What kind of code changes have you done?Few questions on my recent project about bugs,team work etc...
    White board testing questions-
    1.when giving a string input to get the count of characters as input.what kind of strings do you take and what are the limitations of a string when compared to int ??
    2. FizzBuzz program 1-100 ..
    3.get the maximum element in a static array of size 'n'

Second Round: with HR few behavioral questions -why Hyland?why this position? what do you see yourself in 5 yrs from now? your salary expectation? why do you want to leave present job? what is the criticized thing about you that you worked on constructively? what was the challenging part in the online assessment of Hyland? Explain a situation when you stood up when they were many conflicts in work?

I got the result in 10 days. I was not selected. On the whole was good experience

Interview Questions

• why Hyland?why this position? what do you see yourself in 5 yrs from now? your salary expectation? why do you want to leave present job? what is the criticized thing about you that you worked on constructively? what was the challenging part in the online assessment of Hyland? Explain a situation when you stood up when they were many conflicts in work?   Answer Question

Entry Level Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyland in February 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with the company. It took almost 2 months for that to occur. Very little communication between each interview. I had to email to question if they were still interested. Never heard back from them after second interview even though they said they would be in contact either way. I sent an email inquiring and they never answered back. Felt like it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult work environment or coworker?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round: 30 minutes phone interview with the recruiter.
    The recruiter was good and was having pre-decided questions.
    I met the person in the career fair before the call so it was easy for him to recall my profile which I told him at the fair. I applied for Associate Business consultant too, but got an interview call for ATC.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself?
      2) Why Hyland? Why this role?
      3) Why do you think you will be a good fit?
      4) What Hyland do?
      5) Salary?
      Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH).

Interview

Interviewed in three separate steps in one day, HR interview, technical interview and an interview with a senior manager. First was the HR interview with your basic HR type questions with the HR rep who had been in contact with you before the interview. Then moved to a technical interview with two of the Senior Service Desk staff. After that interview you had an interview with the manager of the department. There was about a 5-10 minute wait between each interview.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I reviewed the company website with potential job openings and notice a few that were tailored to my educational background and experience. I filled in and submitted my resume directly through the company website and was notified a three days later that Hyland wanted to move forward with the recruiting process.

The next step was a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview last about 20-30 minutes with general "get to know you" questions. The recruiter let me know that I would hear back from the company regardless of being offered the next step of the process or not. About two weeks later I was notified via email that they were moving forward with another candidate.