Hypertherm Technical Non-management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hypertherm

1 Interview Review

2.0

Technical Non-management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hypertherm in April 2013.

Interview

The first interview was by phone with HR. It lasted about 10 minutes and was very straightforward. The interviewer surprised me by telling me the salary range up front instead of fishing for my numbers. She also did a great job of describing how this company is different from others, particularly the employee-ownership concept.

Interview #2 was by video with two members of the team I'd be joining. Questions were very specific to the position and my technical skills. The interviewers were friendly and personable. They invited a dialogue about my qualifications and experience instead of the typical set of "tell me about a time when..." questions. They also were really enthusiastic and positive about where the company is headed.

Interview #3 was in person with my future manager. It was relaxed and gave me my first real look at the company. I was impressed with the energy and intelligence I observed. We talked not only about the position, but the culture and where the company is heading. I felt very comfortable with the team and excited about the company. The culture is relaxed, educated, trusting, and supportive.

Interview Questions

• "What do you do in your free time?" This question was difficult because in other interviews, I had the impression that my answer was expected to reflect on my ability to do the job. This time, it seemed that the interviewer was genuinely interested in my response and not fishing for the "right answer."   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was so awesome, I didn't negotiate.