Hypertherm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hypertherm

3.1

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hypertherm (Manchester, NH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and heard back within a week about my application being forwarded. First step Phone interview with recruiter, next step phone interview with an engineer, final step onsite interview with engineers

Machine Operator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hypertherm (Hanover, NH) in July 2014.

Interview

it was a three part process, the first day was pretty much to eliminate any obvious bad candidates. The also tried to scare us with the difficulty of the process (i.e most wont make it, very hard, must learn algebra) they gave us each a short interview with two people. Then we went home and awaited a return call for part 2

Interview Questions

• "give us an example of someone being unsafe at a job that you have worked at"   1 Answer

Interview

phone, video and on-site interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hypertherm in April 2013.

Interview

The first interview was by phone with HR. It lasted about 10 minutes and was very straightforward. The interviewer surprised me by telling me the salary range up front instead of fishing for my numbers. She also did a great job of describing how this company is different from others, particularly the employee-ownership concept.

Interview #2 was by video with two members of the team I'd be joining. Questions were very specific to the position and my technical skills. The interviewers were friendly and personable. They invited a dialogue about my qualifications and experience instead of the typical set of "tell me about a time when..." questions. They also were really enthusiastic and positive about where the company is headed.

Interview #3 was in person with my future manager. It was relaxed and gave me my first real look at the company. I was impressed with the energy and intelligence I observed. We talked not only about the position, but the culture and where the company is heading. I felt very comfortable with the team and excited about the company. The culture is relaxed, educated, trusting, and supportive.

Interview Questions

• "What do you do in your free time?" This question was difficult because in other interviews, I had the impression that my answer was expected to reflect on my ability to do the job. This time, it seemed that the interviewer was genuinely interested in my response and not fishing for the "right answer."   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was so awesome, I didn't negotiate.

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hypertherm.

Interview

If you are a recruiting organization and looking to improve your candidate experience, I urge you to benchmark your candidate experience against this leading company. After being contacted for an interview, the process began with a simple personalized email asking for my availability. Once I provided my availability, I received two additional emails where one referred me to a video about the company culture, a link to the vision/mission, and 24 hours before the interview a reminder email. Without sending me to do my own research, this company provided to me at my finger tips:
    • Organizational mission, vision, and corporate values
    • Company purpose and connection to the community
    • Awards and recognition received by the company
    • Photos and videos of the work environment and employees
    • Benefits, professional development, and future opportunities
    People want an easy way to find and apply for jobs. Employers need to provide job seekers a positive candidate experience if they want to attract the best talent available.
    At Hypertherm, the hiring process was intuitive, informative and collaborative. As a candidate, you get a sense of the type of organization you are applying for and that they are sincere about creating a great work environment.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roosendaal (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hypertherm (Roosendaal (Netherlands)) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview went so great in an efficient way. Both sides were comfortable about themselves by means of company culture and experiences. Position requirements and office environment were explained clearly to be able to find matching points with the employee.

Engineering Lead Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hypertherm in February 2012.

Interview

They gave a very though interview on phone, going through every details of the resume line by line. They are very specific about the skill set they want. make sure you are very well prepared to answer questions like the tools you used several years ago. It is good to be thorough in interview. But they may not want to kill too quickly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hypertherm in September 2017.

Interview

First skype interview goes via HR from USA. Than the Customer service manager have to organise a second face to face interview. I proactively chased both side to have the second interview planned. So far there is no feedback from Hypertherm and it's almost 3 weeks.