Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

First there was a pop up phone. The interviewer just ask some basic question for example why are you interest in the internship or program or what do you know about the company.
    Then there was Skype interview if you made it pass the phone interview. The Skype interview was less nerve and works if you are not located in Alabama. The interview will be with people in your department that you are interest in.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama.

Interview

Formal interview process with initial phone screening followed by video conference interview. Hyundai was professional and timely in this matter. While I did not receive an offer, they quickly let me know I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Why you chose Hyundai, what type of experience I was looking for, what I could contribute to the team, my individual personality traits, and a few behavioral questions including those that needed a specific example.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (Montgomery, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through school career website. They required a packet of official transcript and statement of interest. Then I got a skype interview with HR and the manager I was going to work with. I got the offer within one or two weeks after the interview.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (Montgomery, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's job page. The first thing they had you do was mail them a dossier containing a application packet, a statement of interest, a resume, an unofficial transcript, and a official letter from your university stating that you're currently enrolled. They want you to send an official transcript before you move on to the next step.

Afterwards there is a phone screen with basic questions about you, what you know about the company, your Microsoft Office skills, and your career goals.

Next they contact you to set up a Skype interview and you have to fill out another giant application packet. You speak to an HR representative and someone from the department you're applying for. They ask about your resume, your favorite/least favorite classes, what you hope to learn in the internship, etc.. In my case, they finished the interview by saying "You'll have feedback by the middle of next week". It's been six weeks and no response.

I followed up a couple weeks after the interview with an email to see where things stood, but no one responded. I was a little upset that they ask you to do so much paperwork and spend money to get them all the elements that they need but they don't dignify you with a response if you ask for it.

Specification Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

Checked a few job boards and seen where the company was hiring. Submitted my resume directly to Hyundai, after a few weeks received a phone call requesting a phone screen. It didn't last more than 30 minutes basic questions about my education and background and the classic 'tell me what you know about Hyundai' The following week I received a request for an onsite interview, received a job offer on the drive home from the interview

Interview Questions

• Don't expect any in depth technical questions, most of what you need to know you can find on the job posting and the company website. The rest of the questions came directly from "101 Most Popular interview questions". If you read that book and Google key words in the job description you should ace the interview   Answer Question

Paint Specialist Interview

Interview

they asked lots of questions including behavior, technical, etc.
    HR started with Describe yourself question
    and then Discuss your resume.
    What are your strengths?
    What are your weaknesses?
    Tell me how you handled a difficult situation.

Interview Questions

• If you have a conflict idea with your boss which you think it will gives negative effect to the company, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama.

Interview

Process is HR led "Behavioral Questions". There is as few as (2) Members for TL/GL level and as many as (5) for "Manager" level positions (Internal or External Hire). Process starts with "Phone Screen" (HR Rep. and Dept. Rep.), then onsite Interview (usually at least 2 weeks in between)

Interview Questions

• All questions deal with being a part of a "Team", contributions to a Team   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiable items are few. Signing Bonus paid after 90 days. 2-Year Employment Agreement for "External" hires.

Bilingual Specialist Interview

Interview

A korean speaking lady called me and asked if I was interested in this position. I actually applied to different position but since I can speak korean she told me it was a good fit. First interview was over the phone with the HR person and a few other people and one of which did a portion of the interview in korean and asked very basic questions. Second interview they flew me in and I interviewed with six people all of whom were very nice. They asked general behavior questions and asked more in detail about my experiences. They also did another portion of this interview in korean as well.

Parts Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (Montgomery, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen and then in person interview at HMMA. There were 3-4 people on the phone screen and then 6-7 people at the in person interview. Not a lot of hard questions, some situational questions. Culture is a mix between Korean and American. Few Korean managers were in the interview. However, I didn't hear back from them for about 6 weeks after the final interview- finally got an automated email saying i wasn't picked.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to work in a team and what kind of role did you play in the team?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (Montgomery, AL) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewed at a hiring conference after phone interview, I was brought to the plant to interview with Senior Management team and given a tour of the Assembly plant and then after a short wait I was given a offer letter

Interview Questions

• How could I contribute to the company, how muck supervisor experience did I have.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy process, little negotiation possible due to company standards but salaries are competitive.