Hyundai Interview Questions in South Korea | Glassdoor

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hyundai (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2016.

Interview

Has 3 interviews, answering questions about my experiences and also about the knowledge of the industry. The interview was done 1:1, with usually 2 or 3 people assessing you. It was done in a pretty comfortable environment, rather than with lots of pressure.

Interview Questions

• Q. How is your particular experience going to help working for the industry?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Document interview
    2. field engineer's interview
       -Q&A about field experience with attitude.
    3. Team Leader's interview
       -Mostly about applicants' attitude
    4. Officers' interview
       -Mostly about applicants' attitude
    5. Executive's interview
    6. HR interview
       -Salary Nego, Job title by work experience

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Hyundai (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied with 2 years of engineering career as a systems engineer. First apply via online application. There are 3 interviews that I had to go through: technical interview, general interview, and executive manager interview. The whole process took about 6 months.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important technologies right now, in respect to recent CES event?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyundai (Seoul (South Korea)) in February 2014.

Interview

it was really comfortable interview atmosphere. the manager was trying to make me comfortable to say I wanna say to thank the manager for giving me a great job interview

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2014.

Interview

Document screen, and two face-to-face interview. One computer-based exam.
    It would be a big help, if you have some prior knowledge what they do and their on-going projects are, as they are interested in potential contribution you could make.

Interview Questions

• Asked my work experience and how it fit with the position that I applied.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For junior engineer, salary is fixed depending on your years of work experience. For senior position, it varies by individual.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai.

Interview

1. HR interview + Analysis Interview
    2. Executive Interview + English Interview

Mostly expectable ones, no need to prepare for it really.
    Just simulation and being confident in front of people would be enough.

For the english part, if you are not native, you need a little practice.
    Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Direct offer w/o negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyundai (Seoul (South Korea)) in December 2011.

Interview

Hiring process includes campus recruiting, which you write a resume by hand on-site and have the interview the same day. After you are selected from campus recruiting, you have chance to make it to the second-round. Second round is blind-interview (3 interviewers and 6 interviews). The organization looks for outgoing person . Remember to not just memorize what you are trying to say.

Interview Questions

• Why Hyundai Department Store? Why are you suitable for sales? What interested you about the company?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

Interview

The process comprised of a written test for skill, intelligence and aptitude, combined with CV shortlisting for the personal interview, conducted by a panel of senior management personnel from different departments of the company.The questions ranged from technical aspects of management (mostly marketing and strategy) to questions on personal interests and ambitions and to HR questions (to determine fit in the organisation). The panel was friendly and supportive, and listened very carefully to what the candidate had to say.

Interview Questions

• What strategy would you suggest the company deploy in XYZ country?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2009.

Interview

Introduce yourself / Specific tasks you have done or any obstacles / Why you have chosen Hyundai / Give us example of creative work you have done / Corporate ethic ? / Example of your leadership / Example of corporate social responsibility / What is your strength and weakness

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

PR/Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hyundai (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2009.

Interview

Application and no reply for 3 months; then invitation to interview and no news for 2 months, then interview and psycho questionnaire, then no decision for another 6 weeks or so.
    NO JOB DESCRIPTION PROVIDED.
    I was then hired for a completely different position not related to my original application, and again received no job description or infos on my role until my first day at work. And then the team's responsibilities/duties were unclear and for 2 years the team was in constant flux trying to find their area of work...4-5 other teams wrote the same or very similar reports and did similar work often in full competition with each other like rats.

Interview Questions

• True or False?:
      - I pass stool every day.
      - I have hurt someone very badly.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations whatsoever: there is a table according to which Hyundai pays all staff of the same amount of experience the same wage. There is no way to verify this.
    Hyundai cut 5 years of my work experience and put me in the payband of a person with just 5 years work experience. No discussion. Take it or leave it.