IAP Worldwide Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.1

Senior Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IAP Worldwide Services (Washington, DC).

Interview

The Interview was conducted by USAID as the technical contract for IAP is with USAID to place people in the Bureau of Global Health (GHSI-II); the subsequent negotiations were carried out by HR through email and the collection of forms and reference. The final paperwork and contract signing was done at the IAP local office in Virginia.

Interview Questions

• You've already discussed your understanding of the subject matter and your experience and strengths, what are some of the things that you feel are your weaknesses and why?   1 Answer

Logistical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IAP Worldwide Services in February 2016.

Interview

Was quick and easy, reviewed what I did when active duty made an offer and I accepted. None of the usual "tell me about your strengths or weakness" garbage. What people need to understand is provide a clean resume with the facts. It should speak for itself, which my contact was pleased to see. We tend to talk more about those who just keep submitting unclear and unproven results.

Interview Questions

• Is your clearance still good? That was about it & can we see your certs.   1 Answer

Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IAP Worldwide Services.

Interview

Very rushed and not highly accurate. Some issues got fixed later. They assume you will take the job.

Interview Questions

• none, it was all about getting onboard   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, fixed offer take it or leave it

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IAP Worldwide Services.

Interview

Interview process was easy. The company took over an existing military contract and retained 90% of the existing employees. We all basically just went through the motions. There were no real "test" questions, the interviewers just tried to get an understanding of our current jobs and if we fit into the job position/categories that they had planned for. There were some minor changes (mainly not retaining a few managers) but mostly everyone was in their same jobs, just with a new logo on their business cards.

Negotiation

They asked us to tell them what we currently make.

Construction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IAP Worldwide Services (Mountain View, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

These gentlemen seemed really nice when I initially interviewed with them. On my second interview, or so I thought, the manager asked me to stay for the day and "see the process" as he said. It just felt odd to sit through an entire "day-in-the-life" of these guys to "see the process". It was an interesting but odd experience to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Do you like fast paced work, with sometimes an extremely heavy workload?   1 Answer

It just was not the environment I was looking to enter.

Procurement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IAP Worldwide Services.

Interview

Knew peopl that was working there at the time so little or no interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compnay was not aware of the costs in the UAE

Offshore Fisheries Observer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IAP Worldwide Services (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone for an interview. The interview consisted of standard questions regarding experience and suitability for the position applied for. The tone was casual and friendly, with an offer of employment made at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How much time have you spent working in an offshore environment?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at IAP Worldwide Services (Panama City, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Company recruiter contacted me through emails, followed by phone screening and multiple types of on-boarding documents. This was for an overseas position and required SECRET clearance. There was no room for negotiations for the salary and the company benefits with the offer.

Procurement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IAP Worldwide Services in June 2011.

Interview

Very easy, Applied online. Was called for interview, spoke to management was hired few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy they gave me what I said I would take.

Logistical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IAP Worldwide Services (Cape Canaveral, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Submit resume and answer questions about experience. Requires full scope physical. Requires dental exam. Requires drug testing. Requires a full background check and to submit documentation for security clearances. Will take several months to clear for a security clearance if you don't have one. You have to go online and complete several courses / briefings on trade practices and ethics in the work place and international trade.

Interview Questions

• Willing to travel excessively?   1 Answer