IATA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.5

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Miami, FL).

Interview

Had technical, soft skills and compatibility interviews from over 4 people which took a cumulative of 8 months to complete the process during my initial interview. All my interviews where done over the phone and took approximately 45mins. However, the process for interviews today has been modified to reduce the number of interviews to be expected and often require some form of face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on general overview of regulatory knowledge and their applicability.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IATA

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA.

Interview

Skype interview with Manager and HR. Typical job interview questions. The process was very quickly. They asked for references and made and offer. The overall process took about 2 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took 3+month. I I interviewed at IATA (Monterial, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.
    After submitting my application, there was a Skype Interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Ceneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype Interview. The second Interview was in person In Monterial with the Communication Vice-President, a communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questiond on my skills, my abillities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.
    So for my the overall experience of this interview is huge.

Interview Questions

• why you chose our organization?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)).

Interview

Several interviews by phone, one in the Geneva IATA office. At the first interviews they explained which kind of projects they have, which kid of person they would like to hire, they was asking about my experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• They asking me about experience in building interfaces for web application/   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Best if you have a network in the organisation. The HR may not work very quickly due to the nature of their business but through a contact, I was able to get my CV and Cover letter directly to the HR. Within a fortnight, I received an email inviting me for an interview, which can be done either by phone or face-to-face, and in a very open and friendly fashion. The HR manager will be accompanied by the Head of that particular team you are keen to join. All they want is to know the candidate better.

Interview Questions

• They really were interested in the jobs I did beforehand and my qualifications. Asked about what I learnt in university that would apply to the job here. They asked why I did not want to pursue a more professional position given my professional qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, as an intern allowance at IATA is fixed. In Singapore, this is the gross salary and the candidate gets an additional 16% on top of this allowance into the pension fund.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA in June 2014.

Interview

Five managers facing you, ask you many different quesitons for about an hour. Each has a laptop with them. Perform pretty well besides the stress you get. Quesitons are not hard, mostly very nice questions. A simple task to do. That's it.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult question, a task to do   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

-Applied online. I submitted a cover letter and my resume
    -HR then called me to set up an interview a few weeks after
    -First I was Interviewed by someone from HR
    -The I was interview a week later by the hiring manager
    -Then I was hired after completing an online personality test

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IATA in September 2011.

Interview

Casual interview. Still waiting on response. Not very difficult.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Le processus était très simple et rapide: Un entretien téléphonique d'une trentaine de minute avec un manager (futur responsable de stage). Entretien basique, présentation, revu des expériences professionnelles et quelques questions techniques sur Excel.
    Puis, deuxième entretien aux headquarters en présence d'une personne RH et du même manager. Entretien assez long (1h15) et intense avec de nombreuses questions, mais jamais de questions pièges.

Interview Questions

• Dites moi ce que vous savez faire sur Excel, comment faites vous une analyse?
      Quel serait votre priorité lors de votre premier jour?
      Comment aimeriez vous que votre manager se comporte avec vous?
      Pourquoi IATA? Que savez vous de cette organisation?
      Pourquoi seriez vous le candidat idéal?
      Et beaucoup d'autres questions..   Answer Question