IATA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IATA Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2016

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA in July 2012.

Interview

I applied for an internship in the Amman, Jordan office after receiving a special invitation via an alumni connection at my university. A month later, I received an email reply from the alumni connection (an IATA HR staff member) informing me that the position for the internship had already been filled, but that he had looked at my resume and thought I could be a great fit for a fulltime Customer Service position.

We scheduled a skype interview and I was impressed with the HR guy's willingness to spend an hour talking with me. He even assured me that people came to IATA from all sorts of professional backgrounds, and that I should not be discouraged by my previous non-profit experience. We ended the conversation positively with the HR guy asking me to email him my university diploma and a list of references. He would forward my materials onto the team manager in Amman, who would lead the next interview.

I emailed all the requested materials and patiently waited. After a week, I followed up and the HR guy told me the team manager had a personal issue to attend to and wouldn't be working for the rest of the week. I wrote back promising to touch base the following week. I wrote a week later, no response. I wrote again the next week, no response. I wrote each week for a month before finally accepting another job offer.

As I had been essentially "recruited" from an internship application to apply for a full-time position, the experience was a let down. I just wish the HR guy could have been honest and not wasted my time if something came up to delay the process or if he wasn't seriously considering hiring me. This type of communication signals a lack of transparency and integrity.

Statistical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

A senior statistician emailed me first to schedule a phonic interview. The phonic interview last about forty minutes. There was no mathematical or statistical questions. But I was asked about the experience with EXCEL and R and previous working experience as well. If I passed this phonic interview, there would be an in-person interview. Still waiting for the result

Human Resources Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire process was very pleasant overall. As a candidate, I felt support from bothe the hiring manager and HR Business Partner throughout the process. Feedback was also shared in a timely manner. The first stage was an interview with the hiring manager. The second stage was an interview with the HR Business Partner and the hiring manager. The final round was an interview with the second line manager and the HR Business Partner.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I deal with situations where colleagues do not listen to my opinion and / or disagree.   1 Answer

Global Aviation Data Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was some basic database questions and some more in details questions regarding VBA. Then second interview was with HR and the manager asking more general questions. Overall was good, you need to be prepared for technical and non-technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Difference between excel and access
      write some sql command to fetch some information from a table
      1 Answer

Assistant Manager - Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, there was a Skype interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Geneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype interview. The second interview was in person in Montreal with the Communication Vice-President, a Communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questioned on my skills, my abilities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.

Interview Questions

• Since this is mostly a B2B organization, how is your past experience in B2C relevant?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a face to face.
    The phone interview was mainly technical and described the job details
    The face to face was more around motivation to apply, describing the work environment & what to expect.
    Very professional atmosphere and staff.
    Direct questions, friendly staff and overall a very positive environment.
    Overall, one comes saying: I want to work here

, Airports Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA.

Interview

I got the phone interview around one month after the application. It was around half an hour and asking me some general questions.

How much do you know about IATA ?
    What can you bring to the team ?
    What is important for you in this work ?
    Do you apply for other companies ? What if other companies give your offer ?

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied, they contacted me and set up an interview. There were a bunch of people, mostly women, in the open office area on the way to the interview room. One of them must have been rooting for me as she smiled broadly at me as I passed by. The interview was unremarkable enough, usual things to ask. One guy really didn't get me though, he was argumentative, and couldn't understand why I would want to leave where I was. He also must have been told at the last second that he was to be in on the interview, as he very obviously hadn't read my resume. There was also a very senior fellow and a HR lady, all of them born outside Canada, which meant that they didn't always get my background or how my employer operated. We discussed everything, money included. The dismissive fellow said that I would terribly bored and shouldn't take the job. The senior one said that it was "premature" for me to be asking if they wanted to see a portfolio of my work. They promised to call, gave me a phone extension to check with them, never told me their names, and that was it. I called a week later but was put through to a dead extension, then transferred to someone not in HR who had no idea what I was talking about. Did some research later, as I couldn't figure out why the hot/cold: old neighbour worked there, got along great, had a falling out.

Interview Questions

• None, all pretty standard, hard part was just connecting with them.   Answer Question

Stagiaire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)) in September 2009.

Interview

J'ai été sélectionné en raison de ma taille, d'être une personne qualifiée dans la gestion du transport aérien ayant travaillé pour une agence de voyage et pour avoir fini mon parcours IATA, diplôme après 2 ans à l'université. C'était un bon entretien mais pas d'expérience sur les lignes aériennes, seulement en agence de voyage.

i was selected because of height, personality qualification airline management worked travel agency and finished my IATA course, 2years diploma in college .it was good interview but no experience in airlines only in travel agency.