IATA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IATA Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Intern Ground Operations Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IATA in March 2014.

Interview

There were four stages of the interview. FIrst one - phone conversation like "why us", "what do you know about us" etc. Secon - skype interview, took like 40 min, a bit more detailed, more about company, about relations with ICAO etc. Third - online interpersonal skills test. Forth - refference check.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between ICAO and IATA - in relation to who they are related to, and on what terms work they do.   Answer Question

I managed to find another, permanent job long before whole process ended.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA.

Interview

Skype interview with Manager and HR. Typical job interview questions. The process was very quickly. They asked for references and made and offer. The overall process took about 2 weeks.

Human Resources Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire process was very pleasant overall. As a candidate, I felt support from bothe the hiring manager and HR Business Partner throughout the process. Feedback was also shared in a timely manner. The first stage was an interview with the hiring manager. The second stage was an interview with the HR Business Partner and the hiring manager. The final round was an interview with the second line manager and the HR Business Partner.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I deal with situations where colleagues do not listen to my opinion and / or disagree.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Le processus était très simple et rapide: Un entretien téléphonique d'une trentaine de minute avec un manager (futur responsable de stage). Entretien basique, présentation, revu des expériences professionnelles et quelques questions techniques sur Excel.
    Puis, deuxième entretien aux headquarters en présence d'une personne RH et du même manager. Entretien assez long (1h15) et intense avec de nombreuses questions, mais jamais de questions pièges.

Interview Questions

• Dites moi ce que vous savez faire sur Excel, comment faites vous une analyse?
      Quel serait votre priorité lors de votre premier jour?
      Comment aimeriez vous que votre manager se comporte avec vous?
      Pourquoi IATA? Que savez vous de cette organisation?
      Pourquoi seriez vous le candidat idéal?
      Et beaucoup d'autres questions..   Answer Question

Statistical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

A senior statistician emailed me first to schedule a phonic interview. The phonic interview last about forty minutes. There was no mathematical or statistical questions. But I was asked about the experience with EXCEL and R and previous working experience as well. If I passed this phonic interview, there would be an in-person interview. Still waiting for the result

Global Aviation Data Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was some basic database questions and some more in details questions regarding VBA. Then second interview was with HR and the manager asking more general questions. Overall was good, you need to be prepared for technical and non-technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Difference between excel and access
      write some sql command to fetch some information from a table   1 Answer

Administration and Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone call to invite you for first interview with your future boss
    Then second interview with HR
    If you are accepted you receive an email with job offer some days after

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      strengths and weaknesses
      What will you bring to IATA
      Examples of work in group   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Miami, FL).

Interview

Had technical, soft skills and compatibility interviews from over 4 people which took a cumulative of 8 months to complete the process during my initial interview. All my interviews where done over the phone and took approximately 45mins. However, the process for interviews today has been modified to reduce the number of interviews to be expected and often require some form of face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on general overview of regulatory knowledge and their applicability.   Answer Question

Head Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at IATA in March 2013.

Interview

Several interviews on Skype with department directors, HR and VP and then it comes the contract negotiation, there is margin to negotiate approx 10% higher very easy. The process can be more complicated if you go above the HR margin as they will need to look for approval from senior managements

Assistant Manager - Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, there was a Skype interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Geneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype interview. The second interview was in person in Montreal with the Communication Vice-President, a Communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questioned on my skills, my abilities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.

Interview Questions

• Since this is mostly a B2B organization, how is your past experience in B2C relevant?   Answer Question