IATA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IATA Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

Best if you have a network in the organisation. The HR may not work very quickly due to the nature of their business but through a contact, I was able to get my CV and Cover letter directly to the HR. Within a fortnight, I received an email inviting me for an interview, which can be done either by phone or face-to-face, and in a very open and friendly fashion. The HR manager will be accompanied by the Head of that particular team you are keen to join. All they want is to know the candidate better.

Interview Questions

• They really were interested in the jobs I did beforehand and my qualifications. Asked about what I learnt in university that would apply to the job here. They asked why I did not want to pursue a more professional position given my professional qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, as an intern allowance at IATA is fixed. In Singapore, this is the gross salary and the candidate gets an additional 16% on top of this allowance into the pension fund.

chef de département Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)) in January 2009.

Interview

Approché par e-mail avec une proposition pour un entretien téléphonique. Deux semaines après l'entretien, j'ai été invité à un entretien personne au bureau de l'IATA.

J'ai été interrogé par trois personnes pendant environ 90 minutes, puis par un panel de deux personne pendant environ 30 minutes.

L'offre a été faite par téléphone et la lettre est arrivée par courrier.

Interview Questions

• IATA a une collection de valeurs plutôt étranges, donc, l'une des question a été adhérez-vous à l'une des valeurs, comme la Vitesse   1 Answer

Negotiation

L'argent a été proposé par avance et il a été difficile de résister à un salaire à 6 chiffres net d'impôt.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IATA in September 2011.

Interview

Casual interview. Still waiting on response. Not very difficult.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

step one: phone
    step two: video conference
    step three: personality/skills test
    step four: 3 recommendations
    step five: skills test

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA in July 2012.

Interview

I applied for an internship in the Amman, Jordan office after receiving a special invitation via an alumni connection at my university. A month later, I received an email reply from the alumni connection (an IATA HR staff member) informing me that the position for the internship had already been filled, but that he had looked at my resume and thought I could be a great fit for a fulltime Customer Service position.

We scheduled a skype interview and I was impressed with the HR guy's willingness to spend an hour talking with me. He even assured me that people came to IATA from all sorts of professional backgrounds, and that I should not be discouraged by my previous non-profit experience. We ended the conversation positively with the HR guy asking me to email him my university diploma and a list of references. He would forward my materials onto the team manager in Amman, who would lead the next interview.

I emailed all the requested materials and patiently waited. After a week, I followed up and the HR guy told me the team manager had a personal issue to attend to and wouldn't be working for the rest of the week. I wrote back promising to touch base the following week. I wrote a week later, no response. I wrote again the next week, no response. I wrote each week for a month before finally accepting another job offer.

As I had been essentially "recruited" from an internship application to apply for a full-time position, the experience was a let down. I just wish the HR guy could have been honest and not wasted my time if something came up to delay the process or if he wasn't seriously considering hiring me. This type of communication signals a lack of transparency and integrity.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA in June 2014.

Interview

Five managers facing you, ask you many different quesitons for about an hour. Each has a laptop with them. Perform pretty well besides the stress you get. Quesitons are not hard, mostly very nice questions. A simple task to do. That's it.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult question, a task to do   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

-Applied online. I submitted a cover letter and my resume
    -HR then called me to set up an interview a few weeks after
    -First I was Interviewed by someone from HR
    -The I was interview a week later by the hiring manager
    -Then I was hired after completing an online personality test

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took 3+month. I I interviewed at IATA (Monterial, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.
    After submitting my application, there was a Skype Interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Ceneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype Interview. The second Interview was in person In Monterial with the Communication Vice-President, a communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questiond on my skills, my abillities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.
    So for my the overall experience of this interview is huge.

Interview Questions

• why you chose our organization?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

XML Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited for an online interview after about a month I applied for the position. The interview was with the technical team and they explained the work and responsibilities to me

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IATA in August 2008.

Interview

I applied online and then got a call a few days later. They invited me for a phone interview with the hiring manager and an HR lady. The interview was about an hour long, pretty friendly and easy going. Most of the questions were regarding my resume and I had to give specific project-management related answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Got paid 3500 USD per month. I would say take the offer!