IATA Interview Questions in Montreal, QC | Glassdoor

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

XML Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited for an online interview after about a month I applied for the position. The interview was with the technical team and they explained the work and responsibilities to me

Statistical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

A senior statistician emailed me first to schedule a phonic interview. The phonic interview last about forty minutes. There was no mathematical or statistical questions. But I was asked about the experience with EXCEL and R and previous working experience as well. If I passed this phonic interview, there would be an in-person interview. Still waiting for the result

Global Aviation Data Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was some basic database questions and some more in details questions regarding VBA. Then second interview was with HR and the manager asking more general questions. Overall was good, you need to be prepared for technical and non-technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Difference between excel and access
      write some sql command to fetch some information from a table   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took 3+month. I I interviewed at IATA (Monterial, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.
    After submitting my application, there was a Skype Interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Ceneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype Interview. The second Interview was in person In Monterial with the Communication Vice-President, a communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questiond on my skills, my abillities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.
    So for my the overall experience of this interview is huge.

Interview Questions

• why you chose our organization?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager - Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, there was a Skype interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Geneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype interview. The second interview was in person in Montreal with the Communication Vice-President, a Communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questioned on my skills, my abilities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.

Interview Questions

• Since this is mostly a B2B organization, how is your past experience in B2C relevant?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

-Applied online. I submitted a cover letter and my resume
    -HR then called me to set up an interview a few weeks after
    -First I was Interviewed by someone from HR
    -The I was interview a week later by the hiring manager
    -Then I was hired after completing an online personality test

Administration and Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone call to invite you for first interview with your future boss
    Then second interview with HR
    If you are accepted you receive an email with job offer some days after

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      strengths and weaknesses
      What will you bring to IATA
      Examples of work in group   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

step one: phone
    step two: video conference
    step three: personality/skills test
    step four: 3 recommendations
    step five: skills test

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied, they contacted me and set up an interview. There were a bunch of people, mostly women, in the open office area on the way to the interview room. One of them must have been rooting for me as she smiled broadly at me as I passed by. The interview was unremarkable enough, usual things to ask. One guy really didn't get me though, he was argumentative, and couldn't understand why I would want to leave where I was. He also must have been told at the last second that he was to be in on the interview, as he very obviously hadn't read my resume. There was also a very senior fellow and a HR lady, all of them born outside Canada, which meant that they didn't always get my background or how my employer operated. We discussed everything, money included. The dismissive fellow said that I would terribly bored and shouldn't take the job. The senior one said that it was "premature" for me to be asking if they wanted to see a portfolio of my work. They promised to call, gave me a phone extension to check with them, never told me their names, and that was it. I called a week later but was put through to a dead extension, then transferred to someone not in HR who had no idea what I was talking about. Did some research later, as I couldn't figure out why the hot/cold: old neighbour worked there, got along great, had a falling out.

Interview Questions

• None, all pretty standard, hard part was just connecting with them.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2008.

Interview

Very haphazard, disorganized and poorly administered.

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or leave it.