IBM Advisory Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Advisory Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Very slow. There were about four months between my application and offer acceptance, and it was over five months before I started.

Hiring is largely outsourced to India, and interviews were over the phone along with a round (half day) of interviews on-site with the management team. Interviews included a lot of behavioral questions and were generally light on technical questions, especially compared to companies like Google or Facebook.

Interview Questions

• Describe a business problem you faced and how you implemented a solution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, 2 weeks later i got an email saying i should come for an interview, the process was quick.i was interviewed by 4 different people. after the interview i was told they will get back to me in less than 2 weeks.

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was working as contractor before so there was no interview conducted when converting to regular position. For contractor position, I talked to few software engineers and 1-2 Researchers and wasn't asked too many difficult questions.

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Interview

FIRST Telephone , then skype , and then personal

Anonymous Employee in East Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (East Fishkill, NY).

Interview

Why do you like about software?

Interview Questions

• What do you do then a project is behind schedule?   1 Answer

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Interview

easy interview; questions on past projects; some math/logic test like GRE/SAT

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA).

Interview

Interviews are normally very formal. Interview panels with in IBM are technically very strong. I have been working with IBM for 12 years so can't speak much about current interview process.

Interview Questions

• Interview process was mostly formal. Questions were based on past experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Buffalo, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a long drawn out process. First they call and set up an interview. Then you go and speak to five members of the team and then the manager. After that, they let you know. It took 10 days before I heard back from them. A day later and I would have went for another company.

Interview Questions

• Why choose IBM, what is your long and short term goals? Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM in August 2012.

Interview

Internal transfer position with hiring manager looking for more work skills expansion in information systems.

Interview Questions

• Given a global team environment with a wide variety of server hosting environments, how would you find a common solution to a big data application?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Portland, OR) in December 2011.

Interview

After sending resume, it took 1 month before I heard back for telephone interview. Another 3 weeks later, there were 2 rounds of technical interviews before I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty technical, pertaining to experience described in resume. One question was related to writing a code to detect if a given string is a palindrome.   Answer Question