IBM Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 5, 2017

3.3

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a good interview overall . There were some behavioral questions, some conversation, and plenty of time to ask questions. Some questions were skill seed and others personality based

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was really easy, nothing exceeds my expectation. It was pretty smooth and relaxing. Give an example of a time you successfully worked on a team.What major challenges and problems did you face?

Interview Questions

• What would your past managers say about you?
      If you had questions that no one had answers to, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called me out of the blue to see if would be interested in working in a certain division. Details were sketchy, and it was hard to imagine why I would want to move given the longevity at my current employer as well as the work-life balance I have. Generally superficial process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2015.

Interview

Very detailed...recruiter phone screen, technical interview and in-person interview. The interview process was thorough and they moved the process quickly as possible. They also communicated what to expect in each interview process. However not much information on the in-person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied the position through campus career website, and got the first interview notice about one week later. After first interview, I had site interview opportunity. The whole interview process was well organized. About 30 people attended the interview. I talked with three managers. Interview questions were not very difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA) in November 2009.

Interview

I got approached by a recruiter who saw my resume on monster.com and suggested I apply for that position online. When I did, I notified him and he then forwarded my info to the HR manager. I answered some 5 questions about the salary, relocation and citizenship status. I had to wait 2 weeks before they set up a phone interview with a manager in New York. It was ok I guess, I didn't do so terrible like the interview with HP but it was average. After a week or so I emailed the HR manager to see what the status was and she told me that the 1 phase of the new hires which started in Nov got filled but she is going to contact me again for the 2 or 3rd phase which they expect to be starting in Dec and Jan '10. The position has been posted for like 5 months already and they need about 50 analysts in total. Hopefully they call back :)

Interview Questions

• Describe the best example of your communication skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Two intital telephone interviews; one with a team lead another withing hiring manager. Follow-up telephone interview a week later with hiring manager. Standard interview questions. I closed the interview by asking the hiring manager what are your greatest challenges for the next 30 days? Next 90 days? This gave me the opportunity to offer (high level) solutions to those challenges, thereby positioning myself in the hiring managers mind as the person to solve those issues.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to step into the lead role in this organization, what would be the greatest challenge to overcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although I attempted to negotiate, terms were not very flexible. My advice is if you don't ask, you'll never know what you may have missed. I heard recently that women are still paid less than men for the same work -- the reason? It's not because of gender, but that by nature women are more likely to accept an initial offer, compared to men, who +90% of the time, will successfully negotiate one or more terms.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Easy interview, UG level theoretical questions were asked, some questions about cloud and distributed systems, another questions few on linked lists, and rest all the questions were related to Human resources type questions

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yo (Papua New Guinea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Yo (Papua New Guinea)).

Interview

Explained quite well. Factual and good exchange. Got a good feel for the job. Took a while to be called and told I had the job. Good open communication and expectation setting. Was invited to join another candidate for lunch and that worked out fine. It did not a you vs situation.

Analyst Interview

Interview

The usual, phone, face and test with the possibility of case study or group assessment centre

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Think I've become a seasoned interview vet   Answer Question

Negotiation

Insignificant