IBM Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.6

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Greater Noida (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

first, they had Aptitude and number series test.
second round was based on Formal English communication
Third round contains F2F questionnaire based on your resume.
General and final year project based questions
there were questions based on general Aptitude test but the difficult thing was the timer that was running continuously on every question , it was of 59 secs

Interview Questions

• Third round contains F2F questionnaire based on your resume.
    General and final year project based questions
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Hello aspirants,

I would like to share my interview experience with IBM at Chennai Institute of Technology, Chennai. I have attended IBM off campus for the designation "Associate System Engineer" which was conducted on 13-02-2017. It was a two day recruitment process. The process consists of two rounds, In which the first round is a online written test which includes 3 modules.

The first module is number series and aptitude and second module is Business Communication module and the third module is Java coding round. In this coding round, we have to write a program for the input given and execute the test cases. All the three modules needs to be cleared to enter into the second round.They will announce the names of the shortlisted candidates who are selected for the second round.

On the next day, they conducted the second round of Interview, which included both Technical and H.R round. IBM interviewer's was very friendly and they will make to feel comfort with their friendly welcoming nature. They will make us feel free. The interviewer asked to tell about myself (explain about the projects that you have done in your graduation very clearly), after that he asked me to write the java program of my own choice(may differ) and after that asked some questions on Database (may differ)as I kept it in my area of interest, some analytical,logical questions after that he asked about my interests.In the last, he asked "Do you have any questions for me?".

After that they have verified the documents and completed the Bio-metric verification for the candidates who were shortlisted in the second round. On the next day they had send an email which consists of some forms to fill up and agree the terms. The whole process was well organised and the IBM interviewer's make every candidate feel free with the process.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Hiring process of IBM is very good .I give my written test on 24 jan 2017 in Bangalore .I got my result same day . I was shortlisted, and my interview was on next day( 25 jan 2017). They cheched all document and percentage criteria very carefully before giving the panel no for interview . My no was come at 5 pm , I went inside the room ,I wished him and shaked hand . After that interviewer started from my introduction and one by one he asked each thing which are mention in my cv. Interviewer asked lot of question from my project so, prepare ur project very well.after these he said to ask any question from me.
    I asked about his experience in IBM. He told me very happily, he had 18 yr exp in IBM and many things about his projects.
    My interviewer was very nice person and highly experienced.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Almost 4-5 colleges were pooled together, counting to more than 1000 students. 1st day consist of IPAT & Business Communication test, and the following day there were interviews scheduled for shortlisted students. The process was very smooth and free flowing.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

Interview

i have got very good experience of the all the process for hiring of new employee.

IBM OFF CAMPUS PUNE had 3 rounds.

Round1: Online Aptitude test.

It had 36 questions (2. 15 minutes for each question). 18 based on Series and rest of based on general aptitude like Time&Work; Time, Speed and Distance; Profit&Loss; Partnership etc.

One can easily crack this round by practicing these topics.

Difficulty Level : Moderate.

Round2: Online English Assessment Test.

It had 22 questions to be solved in 20 minutes. 16 questions were based on Business mail etiquettes; mainly focus on Salutation, Subjects and Punctuation marks. Rest of the questions were based on English Grammar like Sentence correction; active-passive voice; direct-indirect speech etc.

Questions based on business mail were quite complicated, so practice for that.
    I cleared both the rounds.

Round 3 : Interview.
    HR :

Tell me about yourself?
    Tell me about project you have done?
    Some technical questions on the project they have asked.
    some questions on enterprise java because i have added it in my resume.
    Mainly focus on your college Project.Challenging task in your project, how you overcome that, what was your role in project, how could you improve your project, In short Be prepared about every aspects of your project.
    Finally I'm an IBMer.

All The Best.

Interview Questions

• If i have given you a job in testing,Will you can do that?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

jam, exam, voice varsant , HR and ops round.. all are
    in good concern.. be causal and normalThe interview consisted of two rounds of technical interview and four to six rounds of face to face interviews at an Amazon location. The recruiters are supportive and help you setup. Interviews are mainly about behavioral questions checking you on multiple parameters like job motivation and cultural fitment among other qualities like logical reasoning and analytical ability.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very good. In written they asked good question .Management was great.Everything happens in systematic manner.
    First round was online aptitude test
    Second round was business communication skill test which is of 20 minutes.
    And then the Personal Interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions on projects , logic of programming,about new technologies etc   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview questions dealt with various topics. There were questions about the projects done in the university, couple of behavior questions, and focused more on technical and coding concepts. There were about five rounds. It was with a group of people.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Kolkata (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

They took 2 days for the whole process.First day we had aptitude test of 16+16=32 marks from number systems and numerical problems. Then 20 marks test on Business Communication. Then the shortlisted students where called for the interview after 2 days. On that day we were taken to our panels and they called up our names one after another. Overall it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions from Project,situation based questions,about relocation.   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

Consists of following processes:
    1. Online Test
    2. Document Verification
    3. Interview
    4. Biometric

Online Test contains question from number series, Quantative Aptitude and Business Communication.
    Each questions of number series and quants has time duration of 2:15 minutes and cons 18 questions each.
    English section contains 22 (approx.) questions with time limit of 20 min.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions mainly on my projects and innovative ideas that i have.   Answer Question