IBM Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Q & A with an automated system. Half of the questions 16 in total, required a camera. The others were typed. You are given a question and then given about 2-4 minutes to prepare your answer. The allowed response time varied between questions. None of the questions were particularly difficult or convoluted.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between L1 and L2 regularization?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Confirm the time through email for phone interview. Wil give you a call on time. But the signal was not good that day. We made a change. They called very on time.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. Was notified 3 days before interview (on campus). Was supposed to be 3x30 minute interview (2 behavioral, 1 case). One of the interviewers got called away so only did case study and 1 behavioral. Was told I'd possibly get a third interview virtually and I would hear back about it within a week. Did not hear back until 3 and a half weeks later by recruiter that I didn't get an offer at all. Overall, the interview process is fairly easy. The interviewers are friendly and the case study was about implementing a global training strategy for a client. Ask questions and show your thinking. Behavioral is made up of "tell me about a time when you did x..." and some personal questions too. My only complaint is that IBM takes forever to get back to you. A whole month to find out I wasn't getting a third interview or an offer. Also, it seems pretty biased that they prefer candidates who have studied abroad, as it makes you seem more well-rounded.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to go to your university?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever studied abroad?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • If you have to meet with a client tomorrow about a project and you have no prior knowledge about the client and can not reach your team, what would you do?   Answer Question

Operations Program Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was a promotion but my original interview with IBM in Atlanta many years ago required meeting with three managers and an up line manager. We discussed the role, the skills, the time commitment and my overall goals.

Entry Level Cognitive Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a 3-hour coding challenge with 8 questions a day after I applied online. They use HireVue and it records the entire process. There were 3 code challenges and 5 personal questions. It was slightly overwhelming to be recorded and it's safe to say I botched it. I haven't received a response since the challenge.

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.

Interview Questions

• where do u stored your javascripts files in salesforce ?   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

-Initial resume screening
    ---->online video/coding interview
         -->3 codings
         -->4 personality questions answered via video recording/1 explanation of the code you wrote for the quiz via video recording
    ---->on site interview
    ---->consists of more technical and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What new technology have you learned recently, and what is the pros and cons of this technology   Answer Question

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

First I did an online assessment, then two rounds of interviews.
    I met a recruiter on campus career fair, then applied online. Got the online assessment two weeks later. Then contacted 20 days after the OA. Interviewed with a senior for 45 minutes. It was a video call. Behavior questions and reviewed my projects. Then second interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met them at my university recruiting session. Screened my resume, then sent me a hirevue code challenge which took about roughly 2 hours. After that, I was asked to have a one hour interview over a webcam with an engineer. Asked me questions pertaining to what was listed on my resume, about projects and such, some other technical questions, then a few behavioral. Then was asked for a 30 minute interview with HR to determine location preference and my career goals.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Quite frankly the worst interview process I've ever had the displeasure of going through. I applied in September and immediately got a response that I passed the coding challenge. However, after that my recruiter did not contact me for 2 months, and then finally scheduled a Finish Line event in December. By the time I got to select potential places to work, 2 other rounds of 200 new graduates already had their selections. IBM wasted my time, and mislead me by flying me out to a Finish Line event only to have the scraps of opportunities left. Don't bother applying here they don't treat you well and waste your time.