IBM Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.8

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

contained behavioral and 3 coding questions (timed) depending on difficulty. if you are interested in applying for IBM make sure you brush up on array listing and gaining access from a buffer reader. if you brush up on these you'll be granted a position.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts, totaling to eight questions:
    1. The basic introduction of yourself as well as why you should be a part of the company.
    2. Programming Assessment. All of which were string manipulation.
    3. Explanation of the programming assessment as well as some programming terms such as Polymorphism.

Most of the programming questions were typical LeetCode questions, and if you can solve most of those problems then you will probably be okay.

Interview Questions

• I'd like to know more about your interests and initiative. What are some new technologies that you are learning on your own? What do you see as the pros and cons of the technologies you are learning?   Answer Question
    • Polymorphism is a fundamental concept in object oriented programming. Can you please explain this concept, and give an example of how it might be used? If you need help with an example, describe how it can be used in a program which manipulates geometric shapes and their properties.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Q & A with an automated system. Half of the questions 16 in total, required a camera. The others were typed. You are given a question and then given about 2-4 minutes to prepare your answer. The allowed response time varied between questions. None of the questions were particularly difficult or convoluted.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between L1 and L2 regularization?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Confirm the time through email for phone interview. Wil give you a call on time. But the signal was not good that day. We made a change. They called very on time.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. Was notified 3 days before interview (on campus). Was supposed to be 3x30 minute interview (2 behavioral, 1 case). One of the interviewers got called away so only did case study and 1 behavioral. Was told I'd possibly get a third interview virtually and I would hear back about it within a week. Did not hear back until 3 and a half weeks later by recruiter that I didn't get an offer at all. Overall, the interview process is fairly easy. The interviewers are friendly and the case study was about implementing a global training strategy for a client. Ask questions and show your thinking. Behavioral is made up of "tell me about a time when you did x..." and some personal questions too. My only complaint is that IBM takes forever to get back to you. A whole month to find out I wasn't getting a third interview or an offer. Also, it seems pretty biased that they prefer candidates who have studied abroad, as it makes you seem more well-rounded.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to go to your university?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever studied abroad?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • If you have to meet with a client tomorrow about a project and you have no prior knowledge about the client and can not reach your team, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was quite long, yet actually quite inspiring and very much worth it. I did not want my interviews to end. I was so enthralled with the energy, passion, and professionalism of the people I met that the process made me want to join the company even more.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer described IBM's sales methodology, then said "sell yourself to me using those steps"   1 Answer

Operations Program Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was a promotion but my original interview with IBM in Atlanta many years ago required meeting with three managers and an up line manager. We discussed the role, the skills, the time commitment and my overall goals.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

On-campus interview consisting of 3 30-minute interviews, a case interview followed by a "fit" interview (why consulting?), and finally a behavioral interview. Case interview was poorly conducted and interviewer was not prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you had a teammate who wasn't pulling their weight   Answer Question
    • Do you like to have several projects and move on, or one extended project   Answer Question

Entry Level Cognitive Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a 3-hour coding challenge with 8 questions a day after I applied online. They use HireVue and it records the entire process. There were 3 code challenges and 5 personal questions. It was slightly overwhelming to be recorded and it's safe to say I botched it. I haven't received a response since the challenge.

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.

Interview Questions

• where do u stored your javascripts files in salesforce ?   1 Answer