IBM Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

After initial contact I was asked to do a phone interview. The interview was a brief process over the phone. It took less than 15 mins. and consisted of technical questions. Nothing too difficult, just job related questions. Also, asked what software as a service is.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Several conversations to pre-screen -- one was UK contact, one was email rapport and one was the a recruiter from San Diego. Then an hour-long interview with a senior manager about the role/roles, the part of the company and some of the exciting new directions and strategy. Then a technical interview by phone with a future colleague.

Interview Questions

• Technical: Topics on machine learning I have done in the past such as why I used a Monte Carlo to help with stress testing an algorithm for FDA approval or what programming language I used for creating an ensemble algorithm. The interviewer was a future colleague and extremely sharp.
      Managerial: mainly my listening and asking questions only to understand better.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Short. I had done market research and they were completely reasonable and more than fair.

Software Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university recruiting system and got offered a 90-minute interview at IBM in Austin, Texas. There were 3 other individuals interviewing for the position at the same time. We each spoke to one executive for 20 minutes and would rotate rooms to speak to other IBM employees until we got to speak to everyone.

Interview Questions

• Questions were behavioral, resume review, interests with the company, showed the structure of IBM, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Really easy interview process. My former manager reached out to me and had about a 30 minute conversation with him. Then, I had another call with some of the employees on the team I was applying for. They asked me about my education, projects, and some basic data structure questions based off of my projects. After that I got an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

One phone screening with hiring manager, and then another phone interview with a member of the team. After that they send me th IPAT test. After one one week I got an offer for an onsite interview. The process was good and mostly about check your personality. Very basic Algorithms and Data structure questions and C++. Offer came after 2 weeks.

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Completing of a questionnaire, followed by a phone interview. The person on the phone was very straight to the point and portfolio review was a large part was a large part of the interview. Make sure you have your portfolio down forwards and backwards.

Performance Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiting system, a few months later I got an email from the recruiter about setting up an interview and doing an assessment. I went in for the interview and met with two representatives from the marketing department. They were both awesome! It felt like they were trying to get to know me, not grilling me about my bulleted points on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Q: Is there anything else about you that you want me to know?   Answer Question

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was very quick and relatively painless. From the initial application to the hiring was approximately 2 weeks. First, there was a one hour phone screen with a senior staff member. During this interview, they asked me to talk about my work. Within a day or two, I was called for an on-site interview. The on-site was around half a day and was one-on-one interviews with potential colleagues and managers. People asked various questions about past work and workplace experiences

Interview Questions

• How do you describe the value of a designer to engineers?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was a joke, it took about 4 months for everything to happen. After clearing the onsite interview, was put on hold for a long period. The recruiter kept dodging all the mails and finally after 2 months came back saying that the requirements changed and they are not hiring for the position.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter from school, got a phone interview within a week. The phone call lasted for an hour. 4 days later got called for an in person interview. They treated me very well when I got to Austin, they arranged all the ride and fly situation. Took me to a nice dinner Thursday night and then all day Friday was interviews which was exhausting.