IBM Interview Questions in Australia | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Australia

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

Graduate GBS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process
     - Basic Application with CV and Cover Letter attachment
     - Online Testing - pretty hard compared to some, definitely on par with/harder than big 4 banks and accounting
     - Video Interview (Recorded response not live)
     - HR interview (in person - purely behavioural)
     - Group Assessment Centre
     - Partner Interview
     - Offer

IBM GBS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

Applied for the role online via the IBM website on the 17th January. Email with IPAT test was sent two days after on the 19th of January and was completed promptly.

After test was completed didn't hear anything for three weeks, chased it up via their Facebook page and week later informed role had been filled.

Resource and Capacity Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online Application - submit CV, transcript
    Aptitude test: typical online testing
    Face to face interview: first done with the HR person who forwarded me onto my manager.
    Face to face interview with manager: done with the manager that I would be working with

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your soft skills
      2. How do you interact with senior management
      3. What are your excel skills
      4. Can you do repetitive tasks
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations happened

Research Interview

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

First IPAT test which is kind of like an IQ test, then on-site interview, I was asked some algorithms like in order search. Final round asked some machine learning algorithms. The interview overall was not difficult, if you do some leetcode you will find it pretty easy

Intern Interview

Interview

Behavioural, really straightforward and pretty easy questions, chilled atmosphere. Wouldn't get too stressed for it. The test before the interview was really challenging though. The algebra was fine albeit you don't have much time so you have to rush. The pattern part was really difficult though.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you encountered conflict   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in November 2016.

Interview

HR call to set up an Face to Face interview.
    Face to Face interview with the Reporting Manager.
    No formal communication recieved on not proceeding to next stage. Had to find out through their portal.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

First a call from HR to confirm that you meet grade (credit average) and citizenship requirements. Then a phone interview (standard behavioural questions), followed by a one on one interview with a manager (more casual and conversation like).

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Process first involved taking a rigorous aptitude test online. It involved a lot of patterns and algebra to test numerical problem solving abilities. Next, I received a phone interview from abroad which seemed to just test whether you could hold a phone conversation. After a month or so I received another phone call from IBM HR staff and came for an interview. Following this, I was called back to interview with the hiring managers. It was a very professional experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online for a software engineering internship position. Received an email around 1-2 week later with a link to a test. It was heavy on number pattern recognition and quick algebra problems. The algebra problems were a bit challenging if you haven't touch that sort of stuff in a while.

Received a HR phone screen, where they asked me to regurgitate answers I had already given during the online application.

The in person interview was low-ish on technical stuff and more about asking questions on background stuff in CV.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of (parent, child) pairs for a tree graph, print the DFS traversal of it.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager - Digital Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on the website and after 1 month I got a response.
    I had a short phone interview with the recruiter and she invited me to the office for an interview F2F with the manager.
    We had a talk for about 1 hour about the role and my previous experience. After they never contact me back.