IBM Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews including Technical and general round with two different managers. After clearing the technical round, the general round was held with the other manager who took the final decision. Post clearing both these, the final offer was given to me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my experience around the application R12.   Answer Question

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

IBM follows a very disciplinary process for candidates to enter their premises, hence, the Interview is scuffle free.
    At first, HR round was conducted for preliminary screening.
    Then there was a Voice and Accent round, over a phone. This was one of the toughest rounds, because you will be assessed over grammar, pronounciation and fluency, everything based on your speech to a topic given by someone over the phone. Maximum candidates were not able to make through this round.
    Then there was a Technical Operations round, wherein you will be asked about basic computer networking topologies.

Interview Questions

• Q: Given a bond of 5 years, will you stick to this profile?
      Q: What is DHCP, how is it related to APIPA?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

the interview process took 2 days.The first round consists of general aptitude and logical questions. An additional test was taken. On the second day technichal and HR interview was there and basic questions were asked .

Technical Support Interview

Application

Interview

First round was group discussion followed by technical and HR interviews. The technical interview was a telephonic interview where in computer based questions were asked. Your C base will be checked in this round. And in HR interview they asked me to talk about myself and talk about any topic that I want to. It was a very good experience and was very well organized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you can communicate well and very confident in your answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

I have done with the technical round on 4Feb 2017 waiting for PDM round.I didn't get any call till now If any one got a call regarding let me know.why the process go late.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

i applied through college but pool campus,they called around 15 ,16 colleges at morning 9,and there are more than 600 people ,but only 2 recruiters came ,they prefer girls first,and upto night 7 from morning 9 they made boys to wait .

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

online test consists of four sections with no negative marking:-(only system calculator is allowed)
    1)series problem.:-18 questions-each question have time limits of 2min15sec.
    2)aptitude problem-18 questions-each question have time limits of 2min15sec.
    3)english communication test.20 questions-22 min.In this there will overall time limit.online watch will be not there.so u have to see in ur own watch.
    4)java coding.1 practise questions-no time limit.1 to execute java program consists of 45 min.

1)Series Problem:-
    For basics first of solve all india bix series problems.After understanding the concepts then solve m4maths.
    Now dre is confusion that how many ques we have to solve from m4maths.Actually it a series of ibm.It is more scoring than the aptitude problems.So its little conceptual.Also there is time limit for each ques. 2min.15 sec.After every 2min15 sec your page will expired & if u r not able to submit 3 answer, your test will be get locked & u can't procceed further.So practise as much as u can.So that only watching the ques u will tell, this will the ans.Now about how much questions you have to solved from m4maths.In m4maths dre r two section:-solved & unsolved questions.for solved questions:solve all the solved questions.it consists of 19-20 pages.for unsolved questions:-solve upto 20 pages.this is more than sufficient.Now u will be confident in series problems.Now give online test on:-testpot.com.See where you exist.

Mine Series questions:-
    16)0,1,0,2,2,2,3,4,5,6,6
    17)35,7,48,24,75,15,16,8,80
    18)2,1/3,2/3,6,7,1/2,31/2,14,20,1/5,4

ans:-
    (1)-20 (2) 84 (3)14 (4)20(5)124(6)74(7)10/13(8)2(9)5(10)9.5(11)1/24(12)35(13)62(14)2(15)8(16)6(17)16(18)100

in this section i have solved 17/18 series correct bcoz this is the only where u score more.

2)aptitude problem:-if you have solved m4maths & india bix what i discussed earlier u will get 5-6 ques similar.also if u have practise that much then u can easily solve max apti ques.The level of the ques is juzz very easy-medium level.only understand the problems & start calculations as fast u can.easily crack this section.bt try to solve atleast 10-12 apti ques.i have solved 12/18.

3)English Communication test:-this is the most scoring also.In this section u will get 90% ques similar.if u go through the all english questions 2-4 times.juzz remember the ans by understanding the questions.this is very easy section to score high.

4)Java coding:-only one program u have to execute.there will two test case.you have to run the test case.the format of code will be given.juzz u have to write the logic.For java coding,just study string concept of java very well.

Mine program was to W.A.P to remove all the vowels from the string.

this is all about online test.If u cleared online test then u r 90% IBMER.

Now the next day process is interview round.The interview will be either tr or hr depends upon ur luck.only one round after the online test.In interview they mainly check your communication skill,confident & always keep smiling on your face.never be nervous.just u have to speak as many as many u can.My interview starts @ 5:30 pm.

Mine was hr round.so i m going to discuss my interview experience.
    me:-May I come in sir.
    hr:-yes come in.
    me:-hello sir,good eveng by shaking the hand.
    hr:-good eveng,pls have a sit.
    so how r u??
    me:-fine sir,with keep smiling on my face.
    hr:-so what is your name.
    me:-kumar.Then he checked the details in his lapy.
    Hr:-so ,let me analyse your resume.Now i m going to discuss what the Hr asked me.not answering HR ques bcoz everyone have their own answer.
    1 ques:-introduce yourself
    2 ques:-if google will offer u more than Ibm then u will leave Ibm.??
    3 ques:-when u r going to leave ibm??
    4 ques:-In which location do you want to work?
    5 ques:-do you have passport??
    6 ques:-for how many years u will work for ibm??
    7 ques:-tell me the worst scenerio u faced n how u managed it.
    8 ques:-tell me what things u sacrificed for achieving your aim.
    9 ques:-are you ready to work 24*7 & ready to relocate??
    10 ques:-what are your strengths??
    11 ques:-what are your weakness n how do u overcome it??
    12 ques:-tell me the innovative things u have done.
    13 ques:-how you managed the situation??
    14 ques:-why your marks in 10th is not so mu6 competitive..??
    15 ques:-do you have any questions for me??

these are all about my interview exp.All the Best guys.Good luck.Do hard labour one day will come that will yours day.juzz keep patience.

Interview Questions

• if google will offer u more than ibm then u will leave ibm.??   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Amazing people who were really patient and professional. You can be yourself and discuss.
    The interviewers are really experience professionals with deep subject knowledge.
    The HR recruiter is really kind and understanding and takes the effort to keep the candidate updated during the whole process.

EDI Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I worked with IBM from 2013–2016 as an EDI consultant.

Day 1: Telephonic technical round - some basic of EDI and e-commerce

Day 6: Technical Face to face - asked about the expectation, logical reasoning, few questions on EDI standard and their specs and the data flow. And some production scenarios on communixations.

Day 8: HR round - They will happily start with 30% which is industry standard, Negotiate based on your skills and experience.

Day 13: Received the offer letter via email.

The whole process was completed in two weeks of time. It all depends on how urgently they are looking to onboard someone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IBM?
      Be specific.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

You can accept the offer from IBM it's good work in IBM

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed at Jain college,Bangalore
    It was referral drive.first round was consist of 3 parts 1)apti 2)business communication3)java coding
    1)apti there was 18 and 18 normal numerical question each of 2.15 min.2)Business English there were 22 question in 20 min easy and 3rd java coding in that there was no time bound and one java program to run.
    After this they mailed result that for further process and venue
    and 2nd round was interview.For that they verify all the original documents and send to panel for interview.My Hr was very good he first start with introduction,then about project and some job related question and then they send to other room for bio-metric.there we get the status they told "you are sortlisted" and taken bio metric .After a day i get acceptence letter now waiting for the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Q)Self Introduction
      Q)your Project
      Q)project cross check
      Q)about relocation and timings.
      Answer Question