IBM Interview Questions in Bengaluru | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Automation Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

2 Rounds, 1- Technical Round and then 1 HR round
    Had to wait for whole day for technical round. Salary negotiation was not great. q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

White board interview on Linux Internals and explain Linux Kernel IO stack, (SMP) Multiprocessor concepts.
    Interviewed at IBM Linux Technology Center (LTC).Asked about different Linux distros, Little bit of
    admin stuff etc. Why would you want to work at LTC ?

Interview Questions

• How open works ?
      On a uniprocessor, if you run while loop infinitely, what will happen, Will the system crash ?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much, but it is better to negotiate and get higher package while entering IBM, when you are in, you will get peanut hikes.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of three rounds-
    1. General screening by the IBM HR - Self introduction only here generally.
    2. Second was English voice and accent test - thought process, fluency and accent tests where you would be asked to speak on a few topics. You would be marked on 5 or 10 in these tests, i believe.
    3. Third was the Operations Manager round you are asked some basic troubleshooting questions and checked for your stability and attitude. A Tip here: Remember to remember the manager's name as thanking him by name at the end of the round works miracles. "The sweetest sound in the world for a person is the name of his/her name" ;)

Interview Questions

• Basic troubleshooting questions on technical knowledge. All other queries are directed towards character assessment.   1 Answer

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview difficulty was kind of moderate to difficult , process consists of 4-5 rounds in campus selections and all the rounds will most probably end on the same day . Selection process demands more of verbal and technical skills . The process also has a phone call interview in which networking , troubleshooting etc questions are asked .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why do you want to join IBM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called me after checking my Linkedin Profile. The whole process took more than 15 days. They called me in EGL -BLR office for 3 times as interview was rescheduled for 3 times as due to the unavailability of the Sometimes Technical manager sometime HR manager. After all the things done. After 2 days i got the mail regarding my selection and asked me to upload some docs. when all the things were done i got the mail regarding their requirements has been changed.

Interview Questions

• 2 technical and 1 HR managerial round. both Technical rounds were related to classification and clustering problems. and HR round was related to behavioural and was little bit difficult   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews including Technical and general round with two different managers. After clearing the technical round, the general round was held with the other manager who took the final decision. Post clearing both these, the final offer was given to me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my experience around the application R12.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Introduction round which will test your accent in english speaking. After that you will be asked to speak for atleast 20 minutes on some topic either chosen by you or provided by the Interviewer.

Systems Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview is of 2 Rounds
    First one is written Test Contain Aptitude and Psychometric.
    Second One is the TR & HR Round.
    Aptitude is so easy like Basic Mathematics and beware of Psychometric it is the major factor for qualifying the First round

Interview Questions

• Aptitude is of Basic Questions and the Psychometric is the major one to qualify.   Answer Question

Systems Service Representative Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for IBM GTS SSR profile using employee refferal,got interview call letter.
    First day of the Selection process was two system based tests,one quantiative aptitude test another was psychometric test.
    Out of 1000 candidates they shortlisted nearly 80 candidates after the system test round.
    The second day,there was a group discussion round.27 candidates were left after completion of GD round.
    The final round of selection was a technical +hr face to face interview;finally they selected just 3 candidates .
    The first round i.e. system test was easy.Topics for group was demetisation,women empowerment.
    During the face to face round they asked mostly HR questions and some of the questions from CCNA and computer hardware.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever opened your computer,for what?   1 Answer

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

IBM follows a very disciplinary process for candidates to enter their premises, hence, the Interview is scuffle free.
    At first, HR round was conducted for preliminary screening.
    Then there was a Voice and Accent round, over a phone. This was one of the toughest rounds, because you will be assessed over grammar, pronounciation and fluency, everything based on your speech to a topic given by someone over the phone. Maximum candidates were not able to make through this round.
    Then there was a Technical Operations round, wherein you will be asked about basic computer networking topologies.

Interview Questions

• Q: Given a bond of 5 years, will you stick to this profile?
      Q: What is DHCP, how is it related to APIPA?
      Answer Question