IBM Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. He started by describing the research that is going on in IBM right now. Then he asked about my research and I went in substantial details. Finally he asked a couple machine learning questions, mainly on unsupervised learning. No coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would group a large collection on emails into various categories, without knowing the number or type of categories in advance.   Answer Question

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online in November and got an email to interview for the program in March. Actual interview was like all the other reviews said it would be like. Two behavioral interviews and a case. The first behavioral was about my resume while the second was more about me giving examples of how my experience fit with their mission and company objectives. The interview went very well. The conversation flowed nicely and I was even told by one of the interviews that she hoped to see me in the program. Was told I would hear back in 2 weeks but after 4 weeks I emailed the person who set up the interview to see when I may be hearing a response and got no reply. Reached out to someone who was in the program and they said it took them 8 weeks to hear back so I waited until 9 weeks after the interview and still with no response I reached out to them again and again got no reply. IBM never even bothered to respond to any of my emails or inform me the status of my candidacy which I consider very unprofessional when this was a final round interview.

Research Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I met the manager in person at a conference and was called onsite for interviewing. I had close to 9 rounds that lasted for an entire day. My day began at 9am and ended at 6:30pm. I was interviewed on technical skills, puzzles, coding problems, deep learning/machine learning related questions, statistics questions, system building skills, a presentation of 1 hour for my talk. The interview was for a CS position.

Senior Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with consultant. Got a good overview of what the group does. Questions were wide ranging , covering a lot of different topics. Questions were focused on applying economic ideas and concepts to strategy problems

Interview Questions

• How I would approach solving one of the problems they are currently working on   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. The process took 2 weeks. I got an e-mail from hiring manager saying that she wants to talk to me. We had a pretty much basic interview about the resume then she talked about the project in which I will be joining. The next week I received an e-mail from a team lead saying that she wanted to have a technical interview. It was pretty much basic questions. I was in full hopes that I will get this job because the interviewer was like "when you will join the project it will be like this and you will not feel new and you will have a chance to learn a lot" etc..

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface
      What is the difference between final and finally
      What method did you use for unit testing? Junit or what?
      What are the challenges you faced?
      What do you know about Selenium Testing?
      Do you know about Agile methodologies?
      What is the challenge you face in Agile methods and what is good about Agile.   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

It was a 3 step process. Was contacted by the hiring manager and had brief interview for about 20 mins about my resume and what were the challenges you faced and how did you overcome it?
    Then the following week I was contacted by the technical lead. She asked me about my resume and some java related questions since my resume had most of Java experience. Then I did not hear from them for more than a week. I tried to reach the hiring manager since the technical lead told me that the hiring manager would contact me next. Finally I received an the next day I contacted them saying they are going with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface?
      What does static mean?
      How will you do exceptional handling in java?
      What will you do if you want some code to be executed even if the exception occurs?
      Ans: Use finally Block
      What is the difference between final and finally?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career network, received an interview on campus, there were three interviews: one more behavioral in nature, one more on the technical side, and one case study interview. Most questions were pretty standard and conversational. The case wasn't difficult; just prepare to ask for additional information you will need to solve it.

Interview Questions

• What sort of role do you take when you become a part of a team or group working towards common goals?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

In the phone interview, I was asked to introduced myself focusing on my developing experience and skills instead of being asked questions. Then I went to the second round interview, and talked with a technician in an office. I was asked how to design a website.

Interview Questions

• There would be a IQ test. Get well prepared for that or you might regret!   Answer Question

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

VERY long process filled with weeks of no communication. I was contacted by IBM for two different roles. Several telephone interviews. Then a group interview in Boston. We were split into two groups of three. We did a group project. Like a case study in B-school and presented our findings and recommendations to a group made up of senior people in the practice. Then we had one-on-one interviews with a couple of them. I was practically offered the job. Then I was told I needed to interview with the VP over the group. He was already in a bad mood when we started the call. He had his mind made up before we ever talked. All in all it was a difficult experience at best.

Interview Questions

• How much will the solution cost? (Question posed during the group interview.)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied the internship position from campus career link. about 2 week after I received an email asking about my availability for on-site interview.
    However, almost 1 month after I did not receive any further instruction except when I tried to send an email asking about the status.
    Then he gave my the date and time for on-site interview.
    He did not get back to after few weeks after the onsite interview until I sent email asking about the progress.
    I did know at that time that a friend of mine has been offered with the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about data structures. Binary Tree and hash tables with its collision resolutions. He also asked me to write in the white board for binary search tree implementation with Java.   1 Answer