IBM Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Oct 5, 2016

Senior Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with consultant. Got a good overview of what the group does. Questions were wide ranging , covering a lot of different topics. Questions were focused on applying economic ideas and concepts to strategy problems

Interview Questions

• How I would approach solving one of the problems they are currently working on   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. The process took 2 weeks. I got an e-mail from hiring manager saying that she wants to talk to me. We had a pretty much basic interview about the resume then she talked about the project in which I will be joining. The next week I received an e-mail from a team lead saying that she wanted to have a technical interview. It was pretty much basic questions. I was in full hopes that I will get this job because the interviewer was like "when you will join the project it will be like this and you will not feel new and you will have a chance to learn a lot" etc..

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface
      What is the difference between final and finally
      What method did you use for unit testing? Junit or what?
      What are the challenges you faced?
      What do you know about Selenium Testing?
      Do you know about Agile methodologies?
      What is the challenge you face in Agile methods and what is good about Agile.

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

It was a 3 step process. Was contacted by the hiring manager and had brief interview for about 20 mins about my resume and what were the challenges you faced and how did you overcome it?
    Then the following week I was contacted by the technical lead. She asked me about my resume and some java related questions since my resume had most of Java experience. Then I did not hear from them for more than a week. I tried to reach the hiring manager since the technical lead told me that the hiring manager would contact me next. Finally I received an the next day I contacted them saying they are going with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface?
      What does static mean?
      How will you do exceptional handling in java?
      What will you do if you want some code to be executed even if the exception occurs?
      Ans: Use finally Block
      What is the difference between final and finally?

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career network, received an interview on campus, there were three interviews: one more behavioral in nature, one more on the technical side, and one case study interview. Most questions were pretty standard and conversational. The case wasn't difficult; just prepare to ask for additional information you will need to solve it.

Interview Questions

• What sort of role do you take when you become a part of a team or group working towards common goals?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

In the phone interview, I was asked to introduced myself focusing on my developing experience and skills instead of being asked questions. Then I went to the second round interview, and talked with a technician in an office. I was asked how to design a website.

Interview Questions

• There would be a IQ test. Get well prepared for that or you might regret!   Answer Question

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

VERY long process filled with weeks of no communication. I was contacted by IBM for two different roles. Several telephone interviews. Then a group interview in Boston. We were split into two groups of three. We did a group project. Like a case study in B-school and presented our findings and recommendations to a group made up of senior people in the practice. Then we had one-on-one interviews with a couple of them. I was practically offered the job. Then I was told I needed to interview with the VP over the group. He was already in a bad mood when we started the call. He had his mind made up before we ever talked. All in all it was a difficult experience at best.

Interview Questions

• How much will the solution cost? (Question posed during the group interview.)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied the internship position from campus career link. about 2 week after I received an email asking about my availability for on-site interview.
    However, almost 1 month after I did not receive any further instruction except when I tried to send an email asking about the status.
    Then he gave my the date and time for on-site interview.
    He did not get back to after few weeks after the onsite interview until I sent email asking about the progress.
    I did know at that time that a friend of mine has been offered with the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about data structures. Binary Tree and hash tables with its collision resolutions. He also asked me to write in the white board for binary search tree implementation with Java.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Telephonic Interview screening

Interview Questions

• Asked about testing and just checked about a overall understaning of CS and questions on the resume   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Cambridge, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

contacted through job fair, day long interview, nice dinner. follow up interview conducted with team members; good way to test chemistry. Human Resources are a good point of discussion regarding questions. Very pro active

Management Consultant (Strategy & Change) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

I had a back-to-back phone interview with two people. The first was a case interview and the second was a behavioral interview. Each interview took half an hour each.

Following the phone interview I was called in for a day long on-site interview at Boston. We had a group discuss with three other interviewees. This was followed by two one-on-one interviews with partners and principals. One was a case interview which was moderately difficult with very little number crunching. The second was a fit interview.

I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• One of the partner's gave me a case which was created from her personal experience with an automotive company. She gave me the high level problem and asked me to provide her with an approach to tackle the problem.

The problem related to a design process of a product prototype. The goal was to reduce the time and resources it took to design the prototype.