IBM Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university, and a recruiter then reached out to me requesting to complete a HireVue challenge. It was a mix of behavioral questions, like "Why IBM?" and basic coding challenges. Email said to allot 3 hours, but it only took about 1.5.

After I passed the coding challenge, I had two video screens - one to talk about job fit (GUIDE) and one to assess coding competency (GURU). The Guide interview was more of a conversation and an IBMer giving me the opportunity to ask any questions that I had. The Guru interview was only one coding question and not terribly difficult.

After these were completed, I was invited to a Finish Line event in Boston, MA. It was apparently the first of the year, and the first time they were trying with a new format. The event lasted about 48 hours, and was designed to tell you about who IBM is and to sell you on the idea of what they are building via panels, talks, and a Finish Line challenge, which is completed in a team of 6. From the Finish Line event, it became very clear to me that IBM values their greatest asset - people, and spared no expense even for job candidates. From what I understand, almost everybody who went to the event received an offer.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 separate 30 minute interviews back-to-back-to-back. The first was purely behavioral, second was mostly behavioral but with a few technical questions and the third was a simple case.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone you did not like.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward and relaxed. Contacted by an individual at the company (informal conversation), then was contacted by the recruiter. Interviewed and was offered the position days later. Took longer than expected hearing back but still reasonable, my one complaint was they didn't meet the deadlines they told applicants but overall still good experience.

Interview Questions

• Very casual conversation, typical interview and portfolio presentation. Nothing out of the norm for behavioral. The challenge was the most nerve wracking but it was actually fun! Stay positive and just have fun.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA).

Interview

One interview with someone on the team; multiple interviews with the hiring manager. Brought me into the office for multiple one-day interviews and the Director and several people who were supposed to interview me were not there that day, did not show up, or didn't come into the office and called instead (after I traveled from the West to the East Coast)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

3 hours long, some technical questions some general, met with 3 people, awaiting offer
    meeting with manager, the lead, and the architect. Distance is a problem, need more flexible work/remote options

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. He started by describing the research that is going on in IBM right now. Then he asked about my research and I went in substantial details. Finally he asked a couple machine learning questions, mainly on unsupervised learning. No coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would group a large collection on emails into various categories, without knowing the number or type of categories in advance.   Answer Question

IT Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was interviewed one time, about two or three weeks after I applied. My interviewers were three of my future managers. The were friendly and to the point, which was nice. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• They essentially asked me a lot about things on my resume, described some ways in which they thought I might be able to help them, and then asked how I thought I would do that.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I first had a technical round that lasted for roughly 40 minutes. This was followed by an HR round which lasted for around 30 mins. Both of these rounds were held in person.In a week's time, I was sent a link to take up the iPAT. On clearing that I was made an offer. The whole process was seamless. The recruiter and Manager were very prompt in replying to all my e-mails throughout the process. All in all, it was a very smooth and pleasant experience.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online in November and got an email to interview for the program in March. Actual interview was like all the other reviews said it would be like. Two behavioral interviews and a case. The first behavioral was about my resume while the second was more about me giving examples of how my experience fit with their mission and company objectives. The interview went very well. The conversation flowed nicely and I was even told by one of the interviews that she hoped to see me in the program. Was told I would hear back in 2 weeks but after 4 weeks I emailed the person who set up the interview to see when I may be hearing a response and got no reply. Reached out to someone who was in the program and they said it took them 8 weeks to hear back so I waited until 9 weeks after the interview and still with no response I reached out to them again and again got no reply. IBM never even bothered to respond to any of my emails or inform me the status of my candidacy which I consider very unprofessional when this was a final round interview.

Research Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I met the manager in person at a conference and was called onsite for interviewing. I had close to 9 rounds that lasted for an entire day. My day began at 9am and ended at 6:30pm. I was interviewed on technical skills, puzzles, coding problems, deep learning/machine learning related questions, statistics questions, system building skills, a presentation of 1 hour for my talk. The interview was for a CS position.