IBM Interview Questions in Burlington, VT | Glassdoor

2.4

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in November 2015.

Interview

I found them at a college career fair, handed them my application, and they called me up to have a phone chat. I elaborated on what my resume said and talked about the classes I was taking that semester and the next as to give them an idea of what skills I would have coming into the job. I was latter emailed a link to an hour long logic test that consisted half of multiple choice pattern matching and half of multiple choice word math problems. I felt good about the test. I was called up latter to be told I go the job and I was asked to start the on-boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with learning the following languages at least in part on your own before starting?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in March 2015.

Interview

It was just a phone interview with the manager and some other engineers and was pretty casual. They just asked me about my research experience, made sure I had used the equipment that I would be using with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your research experience. Have you had experience with this certain tool?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT).

Interview

Meet with about 5 managers and teams, it's a day long. They do more speaking than you have too. Be honest and tell them your interests. The managers go over what they do and sometimes they describe the entire organization. The questions they generally have are not too difficult, but you should be on top of things just in case. This didn't happen to me, but someone had to write a small circuit example for an engineering job.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with recruiters on campus after a quick introduction at a career fair. They asked me some questions about my experience as well as a few behavioral questions. They then told me about the location and position in more detail. I was then invited to an on site interview which took almost a full 8 hours. I met with 10 different employees who ranged from easy going all the way to curmudgeonly old farts who asked trick questions so they could see how you react under pressure.

Manufacturing Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in October 2014.

Interview

Took 2 months after being accepted early October as EVERYTHING goes via India for recruiting *YAY OUTSOURCING* the only time i spoke to a person with an american accent of native English speaker was when i was told id been accepted Indian rep too months to get my details sorted

If i hadn't been desperate for a job id of looked else ware in the time it took for them to get me cleared i didn't get a day on site till late December

Also No Drug screening at all! so you will find a lot of substance abuse at this work place mainly on nights mostly weed but there have been instances of heroin abusers using during shifts...they tend not to last so long

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT).

Interview

After I submitted an application I was contacted within about a week. From there I had about 3 phone interviews with different people. After that I was invited to visit on site and go through a full day of interviews and a tour of the facility. There were about 4 more interviews that day. A couple days after the interview, I was sent an offer. Communication throughout the entire process was either through email or phone and they were very prompt with their responses. Throughout the whole process everyone I interacted with was very friendly and during the onsite visit I felt everyone was very proud to work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Definitely negotiate and ask for more than you want, there's a good chance you can get it or at least close to it.

Advisory Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview was good. Done over the phone cause I knew the manager. Then it took IBM 1 1/2 months to make me an offer. IBM HR is in India ! They had no clue of the culture here. Absolutely stupid !

Negotiation

Sucked. Told them that I worked for the company before and that I wanted my previous time counted towards benefits. They got it only after the second time.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in July 2012.

Interview

Very good.. Easy was asked to present propl were good and treated me laugh or a professional .. Had to go personally and present my research areas and then had one on on e

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with several hiring managers from different departments. Disconnect between HR and management as I was interviewed for a process Job and I had originally applied for equipment maintenance. Got to meet several techs and had a tour of the manufacturing line. They went over basic job requirements and protocol.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Basic behavioral questions with a mix of chit chat about social life. Nothing technical at all was discussed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as I was right out of college

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in December 2009.

Interview

I was hired through an on campus process. It was poorly managed from a communications standpoint.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One sided, at IBM you take or leave the offer generally.