IBM Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Westford, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview about two weeks after I submitted my resume for the position. After an initial phone screening, I was set up for a phone interview with two of the hiring managers at the same time. A week later I was contacted to come in for a formal interview at their offices in Westford where I met with two more hiring managers. The interview was about an hour long and detailed all of the functions I would be performing for the team.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience to date help you in this job role? And how will you make up for those experiences that we outlined that you don't have.   Answer Question

It was a very difficult decision between them and another firm... In the end, the other firm's benefits (and higher salary) were too good to pass up.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview. Initial round was telephonic, which was easy. Just the usual BA questions were asked and it was 15 minutes long. Final round was a panel interview, which was more like a technical round. They gave me some scenarios and asked to create use case diagrams.Also asked about RUP process.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2008.

Interview

Focus on communication, lay emphasis on your domain knowledge and what value you bring to the table.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try negotiate as far as possible on salary and position. Difficult to make a growth salary and position wise once u accept.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a screen interview for an hour which consisted of general HR questions and a few technical questions at the end - "Define cash flow", how would you accout for investments, which side is debit/credit on the balance sheet? After the screen interview I was sent an email with a test that needed to be completed in 3 days. The test included general number sequences, as well ratios, algebra and probability. Each question is multiple choice and you only have 2 minutes to answer before the question completely dissapears, so you have to think quick and try to figure out the answer from the options provided. The next interview was with 3 people, the project manager as well as a perosn form HR and a person from the department - technical questions as well as behavioural questions - describe a project you are proud of, etc...

Interview Questions

• Define depreciation and how you would account for depreciation on the 3 main financial statements.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a long interview process. I had 3 phone interviews and along with 2 in person interview. Basic interview questions about my experience and research.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose to be an animal, what animal would you be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process is usually by phone and managers are often traveling or remote. Can be difficult to get a real sense for the interviewer or the culture.

Interview Questions

• What project that you worked had the most impact on the business overall?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Gaithersburg, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

One Phone interview and then meet with the immediate superior on site.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

pretty smooth process--went to DC area to interview. two interviews--1 case and 1 behavioral

Interview Questions

• behavioral was very intense--be prepared to defend your answers and think on your feet   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Dublin, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, fairly easy. They basically wanted a walk through of your resume, and past projects. What are some of your best and worst qualities, just basic interview questions. IBM flew me out to the IBM plant in Ohio. They covered the Hotel Expenses as well as the flight expenses. However, they did not have paid transportation to the hotel from the Airport. It would have been nice to have someone there waiting for me with a sign of my name, to take me to my hotel, seeing as how i am not from Ohio.

Interview Questions

• They were all straight forward answers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA) in September 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume through current employee. No references were checked. Interview consisted of standard questions e.g., What would you do if there was conflict on your team. There is typically a large amount of time between submitting your job application and receiving any word from IBM.
    At this time IBM consistently offers jobs but is unable to find skilled employees. This gives them to opportunity to look like they're trying to hire without actually spending the money to hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. It was take it or leave it.