IBM Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Initialy review, phone interview, f2f interview.
The hiring process is very usual and common.

There is no specific difference from the conventional interviews apart from group discussions where genaral topics where discussed

Interview Questions

• Behavioural qns
    BA technical question
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Amazing people who were really patient and professional. You can be yourself and discuss.
    The interviewers are really experience professionals with deep subject knowledge.
    The HR recruiter is really kind and understanding and takes the effort to keep the candidate updated during the whole process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was set for 8am - didn't start until 8:30-9am. About 6-7 individuals (including me) were scheduled to interview.
    Consists of 3 separate 1:1 interviews - personal, tech/reasoning, skills/job history - (can't recall exactly) the reasoning interview is basically just to see how you think and solve problems - just 1 simple question really.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2014.

Interview

I have been interviewed 3 times, also I was submitted to 3 different tests (including the GMAT). The entire process was a bit tiring but worth it. It took at least 30 days from the first interview to the actual tests and more 30 days for the proposal.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Coimbatore (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

There were totally 3 rounds and they check the verbal and communication skills of the candidate and asked to speak about anything they like the most. then they gave a topic and asked to speak about that topic for a minute. it was a 1 day process. And the interview was quite difficult when compared to other companies. They also asked questions about computer skills and some questions relating to troubleshooting of devices.
    1. JAM
    2. Technical
    3. HR

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Noida (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Test to judge skills followed by multiple round of interviews done by hiring manager. Attitude is closely monitored. The hiring managers are always looking at Your gestures to understand what is not being said

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in November 2012.

Interview

a couple of interviews, phone interview, and some presentations. The interviewers were very friendly and they HR recruiters polite
    n the first job interview, don't ask the salary, vacation, and other "selfish" questions (save those for later, when you have a job offer to consider). In the first interview, ask the questions that help you determine if this job with this employer really represents a good opportunity for you.

Interview Questions

• What is the interest in working in a company as IBM ?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM in June 2015.

Interview

test
    interview
    assessment
    final interview

you need to revise your math skills really well as it is essential to reach a decent score in the first test and then it depends on the role you applied for as for some positions you may be required to repeat the test during the assessment

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR
    HR was outsourced, guy didn't understand much about my role, was more like a job agent ticking boxes, trying to get people through the door. I was sold a lot of propaganda how great IBM were and how they were about to 'take over the world' but all very generic and with little substance.
    2. Full Day at IBM
    - skills based interview with peer: while not bad I didn't get the impression that in the interviewer was particularly skilled or that I really wanted to work with that person. Nothing wrong, just a bit bland.
    - skills based interview with someone from UX (ditto)
    - assessment centre role play in group with other applicants (for different roles / disciplines), assessed by HR. This was ridiculous - HR seemed to have read a book about how to run assessment centres and were not running them very well. Mouthy / pushy candidates succeeded, thinkers and introverts did not. (Later I was told that many people at IBM apart from HR apparently thought this was pointless).
    - general interview with partner (The worst interview I think I've ever had. The partner was stressed (apparently very busy) and for English standards quite rude in his brief-ness. The resulting discussion was tense and not very insightful to me.

I also got the impression that I had one reason I had been invited was that IBM was pitching for business with a client I was currently working with (for a different consultancy) which is fine, but I got the impression I was specifically being grilled on what I knew about that specific project, which at the time I felt was borderline intrusive / inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• - Basic Business Analyst skills
      - Assessment centre role play regarding a typical early stage client engagement to identify business opportunities and early solution approaches (not at all technical, purely behavioural)
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Fill out a template with general information and competency questions. Immediately invited to maths and logical reasoning tests. I was then invited to an assessment day where we were told about the company. We then participated in a group activity and a logical test. Half of the people were cut at lunch time, which I was one of unfortunately so can't comment on the rest of the day.