IBM Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Business Development Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.4

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

very structure and professional, a lot of questions about personality and characters. Very keen to understand how you work within a team and colleagues. Not so focus on the technical knwledge beyond the basis

Interview Questions

• how do you handle criticisms?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

2 phone interviews with different people. This was followed by a long full day of interviews (6-8 x 45-60 min) at their head quarter location in NY. I met with people from all ranks and functions. I met with people on the technical side as well as the business side. I met with people in charge of large groups as well as individual employees. This was for IBM Research.

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume walk and focus on past experiences. No weird or trick questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

Usually through the internal network or promotions. When there is a specific need for an industry or technical expertise, they post a job position for this. Go through a HR screening process first followed by 2-3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• what's the most difficult project you managed and how to overcome? Here, you must be very detailed oriented to explain your strength as well as weakness and how you are going to do well at IBM in the future based on this experience   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in July 2013.

Interview

applied online and received call from manager's assistsnt to schedule interview by phone. all parties were professional and friendly. the interview took place within one week of the initial application. the interviewer asked standard questions, and spent most of the time inquiring about previous experiences and skills acquired. after the call, the only response came from the online tool for which you needed to check for new status. the post interview communications is weak compared to other company processes I hsve been exposed to.

Interview Questions

• name one new program thst I would implement to help develop the business for a new product offering thst was late to market and faces strong competitive pressures both from a price and technology perspective?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I can't really remember much. Received a call from the recruiter who asked if I was interested in the position. I then had a phone interview with the HR department. After that I had to take a personality test. Once that was completed, I had an in person interview with HR. After that process I met with the supervisor of the deaprtment and discussed the duties of the job. I walked around the office to take note of the cubes, offices and all around location. Once that was completed, I met with her boss and discuss speciifics. Salary, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are interested in our company?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Rome (Italy)).

Interview

Three interviews in a single day: technical competencies, English language proficiency and relational skills

Interview Questions

• What are your points of weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation: I had just graduated from University and it was a take or leave proposal.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)).

Interview

I was approached by a recruitment agency and invited to interview. I was met by an local interview board consisting of the HR Manager, the Ops Manager and the Marketing Manager as well as an head office Associate.

The local board asked the normal questions about my resume and background and the Associate asked more penetrating questions about how i would approach certain situations. This was for about an hour.

After that interview, I was asked to come back the next day by the Associate from Calgary and we had another much more informal chat.

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to market IBM services to a company how would you approach them, what would your initial steps be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Long and arduous and the local office was at odds with the Calgary office. The Calgary office promised one thing and the local office ignored that and offered half the value.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

The company that I was working for at the time was acquired by IBM. When IBM acquired us, we all joined IBM as part of the acquisition, which was and I think still is a standard IBM policy when acquiring a company. A small number of people who did not want to move or did not fit where packaged out, but relatively speaking, IBM was very good to our people at the time of the acquisiton

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Diegem (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Diegem (Belgium)) in December 2010.

Interview

Headhunter

Interview Questions

• Please do draw on a bord what you would see as the future of Cloud   1 Answer

Negotiation

Cool as they really needed someone

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interviewers were very nice and encouraging. I was pushed to attend a day long interview process in NYC before I felt I knew enough about the position, however. The day long interview was shockingly amateurism. A number of people were invited to the same location, but no one was there to greet us so we had to figure out what to do and where to go. When the HR people arrived, they did not have enough rooms for one on one interviews or enough interviewers so they were scrambling. They had us do a group exercise first with the same people competing for the same job, so it was rather awkward. Then we had to wait in the same room as we were called into different interviews with the same interviewers. It was not what any of us expected and most everyone commented privately how strange the process was. It was not the right cultural fit for me and my strong impression was that others felt the same. They made a bad impression on almost all of us.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over anyone else in the room?   1 Answer