IBM Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online. After about a month, contacted via email for an on-site interview. Interviewed by a manager and a senior software developer. After the interview, I was asked to complete an online test. Then waited about another month to receive the offer via email.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. They asked a lot of standard questions that you expect in any job interview and throughout the process I had a feeling they wanted me on the team no matter what. I was fortunate in that regard because I guess they had openings they needed to fill immediately. It was very fast and I was hired the next day. Within three weeks after the interview I started working at the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are overqualified for this job.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

NPAT test - cognitive assessment

There were 2 parts to the test. Total of 18 questions. First mart was mathematical, second was visual. All patterns and each question was timed for 2:25 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't get there yet

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I've got an email from IBM to interview via HireValu which is an online interview and they gave me 15 business day to get prepared for that. I was asked to complete 8 questions which 3 of them was coding problems (each question 1hr to complete) and 5 general questions.
    The coding was about strings and class inheritance

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Easy process, apply online, do the test. Then I got an email, I interviewed on the phone with a couple of people. It was not technical or long, maybe 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two managers give you a task due at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none.

Technical Writing Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied through school co-op program. Weeks later I received an email asking for a time and date when I want the phone interview. I had the phone interview, they said they were going to email within 2 weeks. Got no response and later found out the job position was cancelled.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

[1 online coding challenge ~ 4 hrs] -> [1 online technical 1:1 ~ 1 hr] -> [1 online manager behavioral 1:1 ~ 0.5 hrs]. Overall it's relaxed and the online technical interview is probably the most decisive factor.

Entry Level Business Consultant/IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bedford, NS (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very positive but lengthily , the SAP team were looking to hire more people.They were somewhat ,not accommodating with my other work schedule so it was a difficult timeline that I was dealing with , I went through 3 interviews, and my application was discontinued after the 3rd interview. However I asked if I could apply again to another department that I can fit in since I have some technical IT experience and bank experience.The recruiter told me she couldn't guarantee me another interview in another department even though they are hiring year round, it left me confused about the opportunities there.I found it baffling that they never gave emails or business cards at campus events whilst other firms did. They wont inform you on the second interviewer which is another bizarre thing. Disappointing with the outcome however as the position did not need any IT expertise and I had knowledge on SAP itself.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the same behavioral questions for both interviews ,as to why I wanted to join IBM.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Screening after manager got my resume, manager asked some questions based on my resume and some technical questions. 1 week later, I got an online Coding Challenge which requires to be completed within 5 days.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a week to book an in-person interview. I was interviewed by one interviewer. The interview was very friendly, told me to relax, and spent a good amount of time describing the work and role of the intern, so it felt more like a conversation and less like an interrogation. I was asked some basic technical questions about Python, the Linux shell and databases. I was also asked to describe some of my past software experiences and questioned as to how I would handle certain situations when working in a team or certain issues related to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a tuple and a list in Python? How would you sort a list in Python? How would you remove an element from a list in Python? How would you remove all duplicates from a list in Python? How would you run code written in one script from another script in Python?   Answer Question
    • If team member is not doing his job or getting things in on time, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you are stuck on a problem what would you do? If you've asked everyone you can and searched all you can online, then what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time that you've had to teach a new concept to a team member. How did you approach it?   Answer Question