IBM Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.8

412 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Telemetry Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM in August 2017.

Interview

I contacted by HR 3 days after I handed in my resume. Then I received an email with link for NPAT assessment. After I done with NPAT assessment, I haven't get response from HR yet.

Interview Questions

• Number series and Diagrammatic Reasoning.
      Number series is given a series of number and let you guess what is next.
      Diagrammatic Reasoning is given 4 graph and let u guess what is next   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter and then went through a video interview where you screen-share your portfolio projects. Interview was 30 minutes, involved a portfolio walkthrough. Basic questions involving your background, skill set and how you deal with challenges. Very quick, opportunity to ask questions at the end. Received an offer shortly after.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and smooth. Asked typical interview questions by the recruiter and the internal Ibm interviewers. The recruiter was very helpful in preparing for the interview and gave a accurate rundown on the type of question to expect and the format of the interview. The whole process runs a little long. From the interview itself the background check and follow up takes roughly 10 days.

Financial Analyst Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It is consisting of 4 parts. 1. HR interview 2. Excel test 3. Peer Interview 4. HR interview
    That is quite a long process lasting one and half hours.
    People in IBM are very nice.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

the interview process took around a month. First round was to complete coding challenge task. The second was phone interview and if you successfully pass them both then you will be invited to in office interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Over the phone technical interview with manager:
    - Experiences, Projects, etc.
    In person interview with manager:
    - Technical interview. Asked about relevant language experience
    - Created hypothetical work situations

Had other offers I wanted to field but early hiring led to me having to cancel other submissions so that I did not lose this offer. In manager's defense they did wait 1 month for me to field other offers.

Interview Questions

• - Technical interview. Asked about relevant language experience
      - Created hypothetical work situations
      - Experiences, Projects, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process is super super slow, took around 3 months. First, 4 hours coding assessment. Second, half hour asking something about resume and two simple coding questions: fizz buzz and move all the zero to the end of the array. Third, one-hour coding questions: check winner of the tic tac toe and design a deck of a poker. Did not made it to on-site interview. Overall, it's very easy, but I don't know why I did not make it to on-site.

Interview Questions

• check the winner of tic tac toe, design a deck of poker (draw and shuffle)
      fizz buzz, move zeros   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Video interview and all questions were about job descriptions such as software development cycle, Microsoft technologies including: Windows Azure, Java-based technologies, Android and IOS devices.
    Also I had the aptitude test before the video interview.

DB2 Software Innovator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. The interviewer was very chill. Some behavioral questions, Java basic questions (What is a class? Object?). Some SQL questions, pretty much the interviewer went over my resume. Be honest what you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, count the number of time "s" occurs.   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst-Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview is very relaxed and interacted, the difficulty is just fine for a COOP position, the question are not too technical and basically all about your resume and behaviours. Good interview!

Interview Questions

• What is JDBC and ODBC?(From my resume)   1 Answer