IBM Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

2.8

408 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a lengthy process, first they have you do a coding test. Then it was IBM IPAT Test. The second test was the harder part in my opinion. You were given only 45 seconds for each questions and although some questions were fairly easy, there were some tricky questions that you might need a bit more time on. I received the rejection email a bit afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Choose the number that comes next in the series: 3,6,9,12,15,18   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

NPAT test - cognitive assessment

There were 2 parts to the test. Total of 18 questions. First mart was mathematical, second was visual. All patterns and each question was timed for 2:25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• This is just an example IE.

1,1,2,6,89,4,5,6,104 ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't get there yet

Entry Level Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Three and a half weeks after applying, I got an email with a request to do an online interview within 3 days. The first two coding problems were not too bad but the third was brutal. Make a tic tac toe game in 90 minutes???! I find that to be quite a lot to ask for an entry level front end dev position. Also, I was told to have a webcam and microphone ready but never (to my knowledge) had to use them. I don't know if they were recording me without telling me though.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

panel interview, difficult, wasnt really interested in knowing more about the candidate, only focused on telling the candidate about the company. questions include tell me about yourelf, asked about written communication. interviewers werent very friendly

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very heavy process, and they use a website that kicked me out several times! Also no human contact everything is done through the Internet! I really didn't feel a good vibe from this process, it was too mecanical for me!

Financial Analyst Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process started off with an interview with a direct manager, 10-minute excel test and lastly a peer interview. After all that was complete, I was also emailed an IBM test on sequential patterns and algebraic math questions.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

The Process was very straightforward. It was a two interview process, how it should be, unlike other companies who want 3+ interviews. The team at IBM knows what they want and have an eye for picking the right candidates. Unlike other institutions where they need more than 3 interviews because they have a lousy team who simply cannot decide what they want.

IBM was the first one to come with the offer within 2 days, the rest of the companies came to offer after 1 week (luckily i had accepted IBM, and so glad i did it)

Interview Questions

• Very thorough questions. Bullshitters be aware. The team knows their stuff and in-depth questions.
      The first interview was completely technical. The second interview was with the team manager and more of behavioral.   1 Answer

Extreme Blue Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Initially applied online. Got a call and went through the process. Couple of technical interviews to get thought. Work through problems on the phone and write code in a google document where they hear speak and see you typing. They want to get a feel for how you work through a problem. (tough! Know your algorithms, their possible implementations and complexities) then you interview with the managers and teams looking to hire you. You have to fit, you are not guaranteed a position still at this point. They will test you HARD!

Interview Questions

• lookup bitonic sort algorithm on Wikipedia. From the picture alone try write real code for the parallel algorithm. That was a question I got for one of one of the teams.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

There are 3 interviews, the first one ís the most dificult. You are mostly asked about your past job and your experience. Make sure to answer honestly. After the interview you have to wait about 3 weeks for the result. be a little patient.

Unix Technical Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2013.
    Interview Details – Applied online (powered by NetMedia), after 1 week got fist phone call asking basic personal information and rate your Linux/Unix skils from 1 to 10. After a week got second phone call lasting about half of hour, asking Unix technical questions such as file permission and process, and past work experience relevant to the role.
    Then after 3 days, sit-in interview lasting more than 2 hours. First panel with 2 interviewers asking about basic background and past experiences. Second panel with 2 interviewers asking behavoioural questions and future goals. Third panel with a technical expert asks lots of difficult technical questions on Unix commands for debugging / process troubleshooting.

Interview Questions

• Q: C++ debugger: how to troubleshoot segfault? How to view stack information?
      A: Use back-traces and frames : bt, frames.

Q: Crashed process - how to start troubleshooting?
      A: System log - syslog. Application logs are not that helpful due to abrupt exit.

Q: how to check files opened by process?
      A: iostat and lsof

Q: how to check netowrk ports being used?
      A: netstat

Q: difference between stripped and non-stripped binary?
      A: non-stripped binary has debugging info built-in. Stripped does not.

Q: How would you install new programs on Unix?
      A: RPM commands

Q: How to detect frozen/stuck process, and how to debug it?

Q: What are UNC paths in windows   1 Answer