IBM Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

3 Interviews and one excel testMet with 3 different managers and one excel test. All different sorts of managers from different departments asking questions about resume and experiences in the past

Interview Questions

• Excel test used following formulas
      [Pivot tables]
      [Countif]
      [VlookUp]

Managers asked a variety of situational and technical based questions
      Answer Question

Advisory IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Was interviewed over the phone by manager and team lead. They conducted a standard technical interview, going over my skills as a Systems Administrator and covered my exposure and experience with IBM Systems Director. Overall interview went very well as I was offered the position the following day.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience with IBM Systems Director   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

They only let me talk about myself and what kind of project I'm working on recently, and let me show them my web project portfolio, and also my past work experience.

Financial Analyst Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It is consisting of 4 parts. 1. HR interview 2. Excel test 3. Peer Interview 4. HR interview
    That is quite a long process lasting one and half hours.
    People in IBM are very nice.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

the interview process took around a month. First round was to complete coding challenge task. The second was phone interview and if you successfully pass them both then you will be invited to in office interview.

Compiler Optimization Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career fair. Got an interview. Had a manager talking to me for an hour. Scheduled for another technical interview. Talked for an hour, which was longer than the scheduled interview time slot.

Technical Support Analyst-Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview is very relaxed and interacted, the difficulty is just fine for a COOP position, the question are not too technical and basically all about your resume and behaviours. Good interview!

Interview Questions

• What is JDBC and ODBC?(From my resume)   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Super easy phone interview followed by in person case study, followed by 1:1 interview with a partner.

Case study is usually done in a group and you need to outshine other applicants thats the only hard part otherwise the case study is easy.
    Interview with partner is review of your experience and goals.

Interview Questions

• Case study: Should bank ABC get rid of yearly fees on visa card?   Answer Question

DB2 Software Innovator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. The interviewer was very chill. Some behavioral questions, Java basic questions (What is a class? Object?). Some SQL questions, pretty much the interviewer went over my resume. Be honest what you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, count the number of time "s" occurs.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Video interview and all questions were about job descriptions such as software development cycle, Microsoft technologies including: Windows Azure, Java-based technologies, Android and IOS devices.
    Also I had the aptitude test before the video interview.