IBM Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2018

2.8

442 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Did an online interview, the IDE was buggy and did not respond. Overall, would recommend trying to get an in-person interview over an online one, and to expect some lags and no response from recruiters in the process.

Interview Questions

• Fizzbuzz type question, string searching question, ADT question.   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

A recruiter approached me on linkedin and the interview was scheduled immediately (I guess they were desperate for a developer). There were 4 rounds of interview 1st telephonic where they asked about projects i have worked. Then the technical round which was in person 2 technical architects were asking me basic questions. Then an online test then an HR round.

Interview Questions

• Easy java, Spring , Jenkins, Microservices, Cloud questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Takes couple weeks to take process, and done the online interview with HireVue, includes 3 coding problems and some short answers. done within 3 hours approximately, and coding questions are about 40 minutes per each question

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Multiple levels of interview. I was fortunate to have the knowledge of blockchain technology and how it can be applied to most of our current supply chain systems. I got asked few programming questions as well

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

online test with number recognization and some SAT math tests questions which are relatively easy. Do not what is the next step. And the same online test result can be applied to all of IBM job applications.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I just finished the challenge and it was a lot harder than I expected for a front end dev. I got FizzBuzz, object/array/string parsing, and tic tac toe as well as a few video questions like "why are you a good fit for this team" and such. They say it will take about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Coding challenges such as fizzbuzz and string parsing   1 Answer

107914BR: Entry-Level Software Developer (CANADA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied the job, and received "Coding Challenge" email next day. After clicking the "start interview" button in the email. It jumped to "hirevue". I use Linux, but hirevue doesn't support linux. I have to use windows or Mac. There are three coding questions all about string manipulations.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself in 5 min. You need to type instead of speak   Answer Question
    • what is polymorphism? You need to type instead of speak   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on Hirevue. Consisted of a question about new technology, three programming questions dealing with dictionaries, lists, and sorting. Also had a question about how one question was solved, and about object oriented programming.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had applied online, waited for like 1 month to get reply, and 1 week for the feedback. 1st step is OA. If you passed, you will get phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 2 behaviour question and 3 coding challenge. its simple. but the coding challenge is different as usual. the input is a string, which you have to generate parameter from this string by yourself.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interviewing for internship position at Markham location.

Phone interview talking about the job and few behavioural question. If you seem interested, they invite you to their office to talk to the team lead. Not technical at all.