IBM Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online. After about a month, contacted via email for an on-site interview. Interviewed by a manager and a senior software developer. After the interview, I was asked to complete an online test. Then waited about another month to receive the offer via email.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. They asked a lot of standard questions that you expect in any job interview and throughout the process I had a feeling they wanted me on the team no matter what. I was fortunate in that regard because I guess they had openings they needed to fill immediately. It was very fast and I was hired the next day. Within three weeks after the interview I started working at the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are overqualified for this job.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

NPAT test - cognitive assessment

There were 2 parts to the test. Total of 18 questions. First mart was mathematical, second was visual. All patterns and each question was timed for 2:25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• This is just an example IE.

1,1,2,6,89,4,5,6,104 ?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't get there yet

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

First, there was an IQ test. Then i received an interview notice. The interview was conducted using webcams. The interviewer asked me a couple of technical questions about c programming. Then he asked a few behavioral questions. The overall process took half an hour. He was nice and easy-going.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest difference between c and c++?   1 Answer

Cloud Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

they contact me the next day I applied. Then, settled the interview in a week. When I went to IBM for the interview, 2 team leads and the hr were asking me questions. first was general technical questions, then some teamwork related questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I've got an email from IBM to interview via HireValu which is an online interview and they gave me 15 business day to get prepared for that. I was asked to complete 8 questions which 3 of them was coding problems (each question 1hr to complete) and 5 general questions.
    The coding was about strings and class inheritance

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Easy process, apply online, do the test. Then I got an email, I interviewed on the phone with a couple of people. It was not technical or long, maybe 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two managers give you a task due at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none.

Technical Writing Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied through school co-op program. Weeks later I received an email asking for a time and date when I want the phone interview. I had the phone interview, they said they were going to email within 2 weeks. Got no response and later found out the job position was cancelled.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a week to book an in-person interview. I was interviewed by one interviewer. The interview was very friendly, told me to relax, and spent a good amount of time describing the work and role of the intern, so it felt more like a conversation and less like an interrogation. I was asked some basic technical questions about Python, the Linux shell and databases. I was also asked to describe some of my past software experiences and questioned as to how I would handle certain situations when working in a team or certain issues related to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a tuple and a list in Python? How would you sort a list in Python? How would you remove an element from a list in Python? How would you remove all duplicates from a list in Python? How would you run code written in one script from another script in Python?   Answer Question
    • If team member is not doing his job or getting things in on time, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you are stuck on a problem what would you do? If you've asked everyone you can and searched all you can online, then what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time that you've had to teach a new concept to a team member. How did you approach it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

[1 online coding challenge ~ 4 hrs] -> [1 online technical 1:1 ~ 1 hr] -> [1 online manager behavioral 1:1 ~ 0.5 hrs]. Overall it's relaxed and the online technical interview is probably the most decisive factor.